Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before departing for the islands.
The hotel is beautiful on the inside (outside could use some refreshing). The rooms are modern and well taken care of. Each room has a nice balcony.
The room was very clean, and daily service was nice. The bathroom amenities were not great quality, but they were ok. The beds were extremely hard, and frankly, the mattress felt old and in need of replacement. The linens were great and high quality.
I pre-paid for a breakfast plan for the room which was a godsend. The food and beverage is fantastically overpriced. Had I not purchased a breakfast option with the room, the hotel charges 40 Euros per person for the buffet. The first night we arrived, my guest and I each had a hamburger and a beer. The two burgers and two beer cost 83 Euros. A club sandwich is priced at 24 euros. Want room service? Add a 7 Euro charge per person. I have stayed at a Radisson Blu in Sydney and still felt it was a better value than the Hilton.
The best part of this Hotel is the location. There is a lot of things within walking distance and the metro station is in the part right across the street.
Overall, I would stay again... I just wouldn't eat there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens