The Hilton Athens was an institution. The area is named after it after all. I like the architecture and the furniture. The room has been fitted with a new tv since the last time i stayed here (11 months ago). Service varies but the staff seems altogether happier than last year. Today was the first time the porter ever greeted me hello. Although usually you never see the porter present especially when you arrive and take your bags out of the car.
Still same old fuss about trying to squeeze every penny out of it's customers. It makes this institution look desperate which is a pity. Internet is 20eu a day with no package rates, but I must say that the speed is now decent compared to last year's sluggishness. Water in your room is 7.50eu a bottle but you can call room service and demand (this can take several times to convince) the free sparkling water. I don't even pay for these extras personally but I must say that it is very irritating even if a company will pick up that bill.
I was going to put 1 star but I've put 3 because of the little improvements. Starting to head towards where it should be. But it's still far from a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens