As a loyal Hilton customer, I would like to express my dissatisfaction of my recent stay at the Athens, Greece location. My husband and I checked-in at the hotel on Friday afternoon on May, 8th 2009. As we headed out to dinner later on that evening, we checked with the hotel front desk to see whether breakfast will be included in our room rate. The shift leader (don’t remember his name) checked the computer and told us breakfast is included with our room reservation. He even pointed us to the Byzantine dining room, where the buffet breakfast will be served.
So, the next 3 mornings (May 9, 10 and 11), we went to Byzantine restaurant to have breakfast. My husband even checked the hotel bill, via the computer system in our room, several times during our stay to make sure there is no unexpected charge. And, we didn’t see anything. However, on our check-out day (May, 11th 2009), the waitress at the restaurant handed us a bill of $65 euro after our breakfast. We asked her why we were being charged. She showed us the roster which indicates breakfast is not included with our reservation. The waitress directed us to the front desk to resolve the issue. We spoke with Curtis, the shift supervisor on duty. He checked our reservation again and told us our room rate does not include breakfast. He tried to reach the supervisor whom we spoke with on Friday evening. But, he was not available at that time. Curtis agreed to keep our account open until they finish the investigation. He said he will e-mail us with result. It has been 4 days now; we still haven’t heard anything from the hotel. And the worst thing is, they went ahead and charged us breakfast for 3 consecutive days, a total of $195 euro.
Would you think this is a fair treatment to your loyal customer? We were told that breakfast is included by a shift supervisor and it turned out to be a “NO”. This incurred an unexpected $195 euro to our traveling expenses (just for breakfast!!). We would have made other breakfast arrangement if that’s the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens