We spent three nights at the Hilton for a weekend trip to Athens. When booking we used a company rate that was significantly cheaper than the standard rate and also included the breakfast. The hotel is nice but not exceptional, and the location is ok but not great. Without the discount rate we would not consider it worth the money.
-Good breakfast. There were chefs cooking in the breakfast room, and you could have make to order waffles and other dishes. A big selection of bread, cereales, cakes and whatever you could possibly want.
- Nice room with a small balcony.
Could be improved:
- The internet connection is very expensive. You have to be lucky and find a friendly neighbour of the hotel with an open internet connection available from your balcony...
- It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the city center. However the metro station is quite close and it is just one stop to the center, so this is not a very big problem.
- Not a lot of restaurants around the hotel, you either eat in the hotel or go to the center.
- The roof top restaurant has a very nice view of Akropolis. The food however is very expensive compared to what you actually get, and I would not really recommend eating there.
- There was quite a lot of noise from the street that could be heard from the room.
- There was a tray with food left over from room service that stayed in our corridor for 36 hours...
Overall not a bad hotel but consider it only if you get a serious discount on the standard rate...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens