We stayed here as diamond HH members are got upgraded on arrival to a lovely high room with a view of the Acropolis. The room was light and airy which was a blessed relief from the heat of the day, and had interesting design features and a nice balcony.
We had use of the executive lounge which was great with a selection of breakfast items then nibbles and drinks throughout the day. It was a great place to return to for a drink and relax after sightseeing
Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the hotel was the pool complex. There's a huge outdoor pool and seating area/poolside cafe which was great and had a great atmosphere. There's also an upscale spa and indoor pool to use. We didn't pay for pool use so I was surprised by a previous reviewer's comments
We found all staff to be helpful and friendly - in fact this is a very friendly city all round
We liked being out of town a little for the resort feel of the hotel, and it's only 2 stops from downtown on the metro, and only costs one euro for an air conditioned ride on a clean new railway. We also walked it a few times in around 15 minutes down a nice avenue
The rooftop galaxy bar was simply stunning and served wonderful cocktails and food
The only minus point I think was paying 10 euros for the business lounge to print our return flight boarding passes. Seemed steep for that and so many hotels now offer boarding pass free terminals in reception.
Overall thogh I just can't fault this place - a real oasis of calm cool marble in this stunning city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens