Hilton Athens
Herodion Hotel(Athens)
US$304
TripAdvisor
3,975 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegalaxy bardiamond membermilos restaurantindoor poolacropolis viewper daybusiness centermini bartop floormetro stationvery nice hotelroof barsyntagma squarean amazing vieweurosgreece
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This the 5th time we have stayed here. We orignally came to try out Milos restaruant, which is still very good although a little expensive if your home currency is sterling. The Hilton was refurbished for the Olympics and is wearing well. Simple but stylish decor (laminate floors, glass walled bathroom, beige and cream colour scheme etc) ; all rooms have a balacony and those facing the Acropolis have an amazing view. Well worth paying the extra for the executive floor - breakfast, nibbles and endless excellent wine -and all with that great view. The outdoor pool is huge, gets the sun all day and has plenty of loungers and the gym is well equipped. Also the hotel is right next door to an underground station so getting around is really easy.

1  Thank TheHolidayQueen
GuestRelations-HA, Guest Relations at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2009

Dear Guest

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is always a pleasure receiving positive comments about our facilities and our services, as our primary goal is to fulfill our guests' needs and make their stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed here on our honeymoon- we can't say enough good things about this hotel. When we first pulled up to the hotel we didn't expect it to look like it did in the inside- the hotel is completely renovated- beautiful lobby, great restaurants, wonderful rooms- all rooms have a balcony overlooking the city or the Acropolis. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful with suggestions on what to do.

The outside pool was great- never did we expect to see a pool this large in the city of Athens. There was an inside pool/jacuzzi that was very nice as well.

Whether you stay at the hotel or not- visiting the Galaxy Bar is a must- incredible views of the city, very trendy bar with great music.

Would recommend (actually i already have to many people) this hotel 100%.

Reviewed 26 September 2009

Having arriving tired and lagged off a transatlantic flight at 10a, was offered a room although could have opted to wait it out (remember from my industry days grabbing those early morning 'available' rooms can sometimes be a risky proposition;-) ..probably should have but was tired and just wanted to hit the pool;-) Check-in was swift enough and off I went to drop off my stuff..Got to the room and opened the door..sniff, sniff...Hmmmm, this smells pretty musty..as a matter of fact, smelled like it hadn't been aired out in days! Just as I had thought..must be one of those 'back' rooms if ya get my drift! Room good size/modern, etc...Made my way directly to the balcony to open the door to let some air in..alas, huge cigarette holes in the curtain (OK, I did ask for a smoking room..but this is really pushing it a bit;-) There is a little self-serve coffee/tea area above the fridge in the corner as you enter which definetely would not pass the white glove test...made sure to wash/rinse out those mugs when I did use them!)
Didn't feel like going through the hassle of changing rooms..I know, my choice! Quick change to my bathing suit and straight down to that grand outdoor pool to tackle some jet-lag! No complaints here..as a matter of fact, one (if not THE) reason I chose to start off my trip here was FOR the pool!
I made arrangements to have some friends over that evening for some drinks up at the famed Galaxy bar..I had gone up ahead of time prior to it even opening and made arrangements to make sure I got the bill..and even chose the outdoor table which I reserved! So far so good...to make a long story short, we weren't even finished when the tab comes..plopped right between 2 of my friends! Trying NOT throw too many darts, I managed to grab the tab and made my way up to the inside area of the bar and asked for the head/manager..of course, the one I made arrangements with was 'unavailable' so I was introduced to a very friendly gal who tried to pursuade me it was 'policy' to have a tab on the table?! Good try....after apologizing and proclaiming to make sure she will personally oversee table..more drinks and final tab to me..when I ASKED for it..How difficult is that..lol?!
Next morning ordered some room service coffee..let's not go there! You'd think they'd figure out how good 'ol filter coffee should be made by now!
Spent the second day at the pool as well..getting my land legs back now;-) No problems whatsoever here...service good..pool great..Checked out next morning after a 2-nighter and glad to be heading over to the Grande Bretagne where my Starpoints went to good use! No comparison!
I remember the Hilton prior to it's renov when they still had cabanas around the pool! Quite honestly, thought it was better then..go figure! Overall, I have to say it is a decent property..I just got stuck with a not-so-nice/clean room which I definetely could have corrected..again, my choice! Other than that..and the 'slight' incident up at the Galaxy bar, don't think one would go wrong here..easily 'fixed' issues but nonetheless, ones you wouldn't think would occur or even have to deal with at a 5* property;-)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Litsa

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments about the Hilton Athens.
It is concerning to read that you were somewhat unsatisfied with some of the services you experienced.
Our main concern is to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable stay.

We appreciate you bringing these points to our attention, we are acting upon those comments to see where we can imrpove our services.

Reviewed 23 September 2009

we stayed in Athens Hilton for 2 nights using Hilton points. The hotel is very modern, spacious and relatively well located. The only negative comment I would to make is that the hotel charges for everything: internet, local calls, ...

1  Thank imarkNJ
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Views of the Acropolis from your room, this is a great hotel in a great location. Modern decor, friendly front desk, awesome breakfast buffet. Convenient walk to restaurants and metro. Huge outdoor pool. Must visit the rooftop bar.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends