4,142 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegalaxy bardiamond membermilos restaurantindoor poolacropolis viewper daybusiness centermini bartop floorroof barmetro stationvery nice hotelsyntagma squarean amazing vieweurosgreece
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I cannot fault this hotel: Decor is (re)fresh(ed) and modern, room was clean, marble bathroom proportions are big. All rooms have a small terrace. Rooms facing away from the Parthenon instead have the benefit of early morning sunshine. and just go to the roof terrace instead for all the views you could wish for. There's not much within immediate walking distance of the hotel but all city attractions are a short (< 5 Euro) taxi ride away.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2010

The hotel is in a great location and close to transportation and you can walk anywhere, The rooms are nice and you have a balcony where you can take good pics of the city. Only issue is that internet is expensive. Huge pool and staff is nice. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was nice, marble tub was a plus, I would stay here again, check it out for yourself

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2010

I booked this hotel to celebrate my Birthday with my friends and my partner. I prepaid the Executive Room featuring the special floor, although I was not yet aware of the special check-in and the executive lounge. We had paid for the Acropolis view, so no issues with this. Check-in was swift and warm enough. Disappointingly that's where the charm ended though.The room was OK. But the floor looked already "tired". For a fully renovated hotel, that got ready for the Athens 2004 Olympics, the material used looked not time and wear resistant.
In the evening we went to the Galaxy bar. This bar is expensive by international standards too. The view to Athens and the Acropolis is terrific, but you pay mostly for that. I think that the "cold service" virus is spread all over the staff, bar and restaurants of this hotel.
The big disappointment was the breakfast. Executive guests get their breakfast at the executive lounge where the choice was worse than some airport business lounges! The staff did not bother to serve us tee or coffee, was unsmiling and looked to be rather annoyed by our presence. The same "cold" feeling was felt at check-out. For an almost 400 Euro room and a 500 Euro birthday party, I think the customer deserves more! It is true that money cannot buy everything, but this should not be proven at a hotel like the Athens Hilton!
The Greek staff should really understand the meaning of "service" and "hospitality" they claim as "trademark". Being Greek myself I feel at least awkward about their performance. As this is my second unpleasant experience at a Hilton (the other one was the Brussels Hilton), now my motto is: "Take me NOT to the Hilton"!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations-HA, Guest Relations at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Athens for celebrating your birthday in March.

Your comments about your experience are welcome and appreciated, especially as they isolate instances where the experience in the Executive Lounge and the bar was less than positive. This is undoubtedly not the standard of service we usually offer to our guests as our main goal is that our guests leave the property satisfied and looking forward to returning soon.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Proper actions will take place to make sure that our guests stay is memorable and they receive the personalised service they expect.

Reviewed 26 April 2010

Nice business hotel but be cautious and check your bill. I pre-paid the hotel costs in full for two nights when I had booked on line. When checking out the person on the desk insisted that I had only paid for one night and would not hear otherwise, despite my showing him the hotel voucher. The manager was called and all in all this was both stressful and time consuming as I had to leave promptly for the airport. It took them quite a while to determine the correct bill. They also tried to charge me additional taxes that had been enforced after I had paid and made the booking. Plus for a business hotel, there was no free internet, 5mins cost 5 Euros!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Andee3
GuestRelations-HA, Guest Relations at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Athens for your recent stay in the city and for taking the time to bring the issue with your bill to our attention.

As you probably understand, issues that have to do with billing, payments and especially prepayments are very sensitive, as personal data are used (such as credit card details) and need to be solved very carefully and after thorough investigation. We understand the inconvenience that a delay upon check out may cause, however there are certain steps that we are obliged to follow in order to avoid further inconveniences.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Athens; we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2010

Our room was relatively large, modern and clean. Lovely view. Staying on concierge level definitely worth the extra money. Free drinks and snacks all day, plus good continental breakfast and evening light meal. Gym was very welkl equiped and clean, and free of you are on concierge level. Main drawbacks are not as centrally located as hotels on Syntagma Square for similar price, and internet access is outrageous 23 Euros for 24 hours or 11 per hour!
Going up to Galaxy Bar is a must to see the Acropolis light up at night. Paid 20 Euros for a single malt scothc, but the view was priceless.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business