4,138 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegalaxy bardiamond membermilos restaurantindoor poolacropolis viewper daybusiness centermini bartop floorroof barmetro stationvery nice hotelsyntagma squarean amazing vieweurosgreece
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days earlier this month, and although the facilities were lovely, we did feel that a lot of the "extras" were very expensive. As another reviewer has already noted, prices of drinks both at the bar and in the mini-bar in the room are astronomical. Whist I appreciate this is a luxury hotel, and I've seen from the comments by the hotel that they feel their pricing is in line with the local market/competition, I think it is important for guests to know what they are getting. Even the internet access costs money - but other hotels I've stayed in (of all grades) generally now include that for free!

The location is great, the rooms were beautiful and the breakfast was plentiful. Just watch out for your bill at the end!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

The hotel overall is nice. I let them know that it was for my honeymoon and they wonderfully obliged by giving me a room facing the acropolis and also sent wine/fruit which was really nice. Overall the rooms/patio was nice and the facilities seemed good although I wasn’t in the hotel very long. It definitely was a nice place to stay and the location was pretty good. We were only a short walk to the train and short train ride to plaka/syntagma square. We also enjoyed our lunch at this small fast food place around the corner. Overall, it was very good and I would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is a decent city centre hotel but beware, the Hilton Athens make huge additional charges for everything a guest does other than sit in their room. Expect to pay 9 euros for a beer from the mini bar, 14 euros for a G&T and (wait for it) 10 euros for a box of Pringles! In addition to these high costs the Hilton Athens also looks to charge all guests 15 euros to take a dip in their indoor pool, even when the outside pool is closed. In terms of additional charges, this is one of the most expensive hotels you can stay in. It makes some of the worlds best luxury hotels look positively good value in comparison. Unfortunately, top end luxury the Hilton Athens ain't, so the prices aren't justified.

If you're on an expenses paid business trip fine, but if you are traveling at leisure I'd recommend to take your own refreshments to the room and drink/eat outside the hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations-HA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Athens.
With regards to your comments about the charges of our products and some services, please note that our prices are in line with other properties of the same category, locally and internationally.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is a large modern hotel. The rooms are large, well decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was particularly nice. We found the staff to very accomodating and provide us with exceptional service. Our flight to Santorini was cancelled due to a general strike and the staff went out of their way to help us get reservations on a ferry.

The hotel is in a nice neighborhood and is about a kilometer from the center of town. I like to walk and it was a lovely walk to town center, past parks, nice homes, and the Parliament building. My wife doesn't like walking as much, so we also took the subway, which is a bout a block away. The subway is very nice and efficient and doesn't cost very much.

I had a free breakfast with the room and the breakfast was a large buffet and was excellent. I didn't pay to eat at any of the restaurants here, so I can't comment on them.

I also stayed at the Athens Gate which is located closer to the center of town. Although I liked the Athens Gate, my wife and I preferred the Hilton. Overall I thought it was an excellent hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us!
As our prime goal is to meet our guests' expectations and offer them an unforgettable experience, feedback such as yours is indeed rewarding and motivating.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Athens.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stayed in this hotel because of it being a Hilton property, however, if you are used to
the typical Hilton service and guest treatment, don't expect to find it in the Athens property. It is clean and the rooms are quite pretty and modern, yet customer service and satisfaction are really not a priority here.We had trouble with our phone lines and nothing was done about it, which was quite frustrating. Also, If you take the executive plan that includes breakfast,light appetizers and beverages, be careful of the room you are given. These types of rooms for this program are located directly underneath the nightclub that sometimes has fireworks and closes at around 4am. We stayed on a Saturday night and did not sleep at all.The room service was absolutely terrible. We arrived late at night so we decided to take advantage of the room service...Inedible food that was burned and brought to us after 1 hour of ordering and to rectify this, they gave us 2 chocolate chip mini muffins. This hotel is not cheap in its prices, so service was quite disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Athens.
Your comments are valuable and welcomed, as they underline instances where the experience was less than positive.
It is rather concerning to read that you were dissatisfied with the service received from our staff and the Executive Floor experience. Our Executive Floors are located on the top of the building in order to provide the best view to our guests. The incident with the noise from the bar must have been an isolated incident and an alternative room could have been offered if you had brought this to our attention.
With regards to your comments about the room service, thank you for bringing this to our attention, it will be addressed to the relevant director.
We are acting upon your comments to see where we can improve the services we provide to our guests.