4,178 results
All reviews the executive lounge galaxy bar diamond member milos restaurant indoor pool acropolis view per day business center mini bar top floor roof bar metro station very nice hotel syntagma square an amazing view euros greece
Reviewed 15 June 2010

The Hilton Athens is an excellent option in Athens, as long as you take the Executive Lounge option. As a gold member, we were upgraded for free to the Executive Lounge level (lounge is on Floor 11). I understand this hotel charges around $30 per day per room for non-HH members and couples should give this consideration. The lounge has many options for breakfast (few hot dishes, but many cold options) and a spread during the afternoon and evening as well as free-flowing alcoholic beverages. The view of the Acropolis is beautiful during any time of day.

The rooms are rather modern, with wood floors and IKEA type furniture. However, the one real problem I had was the glass wall in the bathroom! There is no privacy afforded in that room and it's really quite funny that a hotel would design this sort of bathroom.

This hotel is about 5 minute walk from the metro station and near a very pretty park. It was quite convenient as well to the tourist bus. We only walked by the restaurants in the back of the hotel, but did not eat at any of them. They would be a better option than dining at the hotel's very expensive restaurants.

1  Thank MarilynMonroe97
GuestRelations-HA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you for your nice comments about the Hilton Athens! It is indeed rewarding to read that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities, as our primary goal is to offer our guests an unforgettable experience.
Being a HHonours members does offer you advantages as the compliemntary upgrade and our Executive Lounge is indeed an area where are Executive Floor guests can enjoy coffee, drinks and snacks complimentary, under the magnificent Acropolis view.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days earlier this month, and although the facilities were lovely, we did feel that a lot of the "extras" were very expensive. As another reviewer has already noted, prices of drinks both at the bar and in the mini-bar in the room are astronomical. Whist I appreciate this is a luxury hotel, and I've seen from the comments by the hotel that they feel their pricing is in line with the local market/competition, I think it is important for guests to know what they are getting. Even the internet access costs money - but other hotels I've stayed in (of all grades) generally now include that for free!

The location is great, the rooms were beautiful and the breakfast was plentiful. Just watch out for your bill at the end!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

The hotel overall is nice. I let them know that it was for my honeymoon and they wonderfully obliged by giving me a room facing the acropolis and also sent wine/fruit which was really nice. Overall the rooms/patio was nice and the facilities seemed good although I wasn’t in the hotel very long. It definitely was a nice place to stay and the location was pretty good. We were only a short walk to the train and short train ride to plaka/syntagma square. We also enjoyed our lunch at this small fast food place around the corner. Overall, it was very good and I would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is a decent city centre hotel but beware, the Hilton Athens make huge additional charges for everything a guest does other than sit in their room. Expect to pay 9 euros for a beer from the mini bar, 14 euros for a G&T and (wait for it) 10 euros for a box of Pringles! In addition to these high costs the Hilton Athens also looks to charge all guests 15 euros to take a dip in their indoor pool, even when the outside pool is closed. In terms of additional charges, this is one of the most expensive hotels you can stay in. It makes some of the worlds best luxury hotels look positively good value in comparison. Unfortunately, top end luxury the Hilton Athens ain't, so the prices aren't justified.

If you're on an expenses paid business trip fine, but if you are traveling at leisure I'd recommend to take your own refreshments to the room and drink/eat outside the hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations-HA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Athens.
With regards to your comments about the charges of our products and some services, please note that our prices are in line with other properties of the same category, locally and internationally.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is a large modern hotel. The rooms are large, well decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was particularly nice. We found the staff to very accomodating and provide us with exceptional service. Our flight to Santorini was cancelled due to a general strike and the staff went out of their way to help us get reservations on a ferry.

The hotel is in a nice neighborhood and is about a kilometer from the center of town. I like to walk and it was a lovely walk to town center, past parks, nice homes, and the Parliament building. My wife doesn't like walking as much, so we also took the subway, which is a bout a block away. The subway is very nice and efficient and doesn't cost very much.

I had a free breakfast with the room and the breakfast was a large buffet and was excellent. I didn't pay to eat at any of the restaurants here, so I can't comment on them.

I also stayed at the Athens Gate which is located closer to the center of town. Although I liked the Athens Gate, my wife and I preferred the Hilton. Overall I thought it was an excellent hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us!
As our prime goal is to meet our guests' expectations and offer them an unforgettable experience, feedback such as yours is indeed rewarding and motivating.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Athens.