“Three-Day Tour”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Three-Day Tour”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I just finished the three-day classical tour in Greece.

Positives: Amelios: excellent tour guide
Very informative and had enough time at all of the sites
Comfortable bus
Good hotels both nights (except for very hard beds at the first one)
Buffet dinner at both hotels was good
Lunch stops were good

Negatives:
We were picked up at our hotel at 7:30 and had to drive around Athens forever picking others up. We didn't leave Athens until after 9:00! I would have preferred to just meet the bus at the final stop if I had known this!
We had to switch buses on the third day in order to go back to Athens. A few on our trip were continuing on the four-day tour. We had to sit in the hotel for almost two hours waiting for the one-day tour bus to come. And once it did, we had to wait until those people ate lunch! We could have been back in Athens much, much earlier if not for this. There must be a better way to organize the three-day and four-day so the three-day people don't have to waste vacation time sitting in a hotel lobby.

1 Thank Cyndi O

Cambridge
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Day tour of Delphi - good tour once we got going”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recommend previous reviewers suggestions of meeting at the Central Hotel at 8.30, rather than being picked up earlier, and taken on an hour tour around the city picking up and dropping off fellow tourists. I felt sorry for a family with 2 young kids going on a 3 day tour, who had packed their big suitcases under the bus, only to be driven 10 minutes down the street and be moved to another bus. Every stop prompted the bus driver to get out and have a cigarette too, which made the journey even longer.

Once we got out of Athens, the drive was interesting and our guide very informative about both Athens and the surrounding areas and obviously Delphi. We were guided through the ruins and were also given free time to roam around which I enjoyed as gave us the opportunity to take plenty of photos and grab a drink before meeting up at the museum. Unfortunately we did not get any time to roam the museum and were taken around to the most important artefacts in about 30 minutes.

I would recommend skipping the lunch - it isn't that amazing and drinks are not included. The view is quite pretty from the hotel though. If you don't do lunch, you can explore the town of Delphi at your own leisure and the bus will pick you up about an hour later. One good thing is they will drop you off at your own hotel on the way back.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great 3 Day tour of the Peloponese”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our initial booking was with Viatour, for some reason I had a reluctant feeling.
From the time we were picked up from the Hotel in Athens, that disappeared.
We met up with our friends for a week, started with the 3 day classic tour of Greece.
So beautiful,travelling on winding roads, yes as some reviews say lot of K's, if you did it your self, it would be just the same. As for the mythology, that's what classic Greece is about.. Yes it's full on but we had plenty of time for laughs.
Our Guide Irini, so knowledgeable, was just wonderful.
You definitely need to do this tour at least once.

Saint Louis, Missouri
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Delphi Day Tour”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We took the tour to Delphi to see the Temple of Apollo. We were picked up at our hotel which was great. The buses are new, modern and comfortable. It took about 2 hours or so to reach Delphi with a stop for 25 minutes for restroom and snack break. The greek mountains are beautiful and was unexpected for me. We booked the tour the day before through our hotel so I hadn't done allot of research.

The tour was good, you could either stay with the group and guide or go on your own which I liked. Being a photographer I really like to do my own thing at times so I like the flexibility. The guide was knowledgeable with nice tidbits of info. I was surprised by the museum which is part of the tour. I guess I didn't expect much from it being in a small mountain village but I truly enjoyed it.

I wish we had time to explore in the town Delphi. If you do want to explore, don't do the lunch option but instead go on your own which will give time in town. We did the lunch option which was served at the Amelia Hotel. It was a nice lunch with a beautiful view but I would rather roam the town.

1 Thank MS624
New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Half Day Tour of Athens”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The tour started slowly as we picked people up at different hotels around Athens; bring a cup of coffee! But once we got going, the tour was very interesting and educational. Our guide Vicky was very well versed in the history and present situation of the city and offered a great narrative along the way. The major stops are the Olympic Stadium, the Parthenon/Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. Keep your ticket for the Parthenon/Acropolis as it is good to see other major sites for 5 days.

Vicky knew how to get us around the throngs of people at the Acropolis and to avoid the crowds at the museum. She also helped to give us landmarks to find our way around the Plaka (the oldest, pedestrian only section of Athens surrounding the Parthenon) which served us well after the tour. The Tour by no means covers all of Athens, but if you only have a day or 2, it's a great way to get acquainted with the city and it's remarkable history.

1 Thank Jennifer D