“Brazilian favela meets Athenian 70s chic in the most exquisite way!!!”
Review of New Hotel

New Hotel
Ranked #9 of 282 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 November 2011

As anyone who is interested in modern design knows the Campana brothers are modern semi gods; making their first hotel ever in Athens was something that i have been waiting for long (also it took them more than 3 years to complete it). The result is breathtaking. Campanas set a workshop in Athens which under their supervision used all possible elements from the old, iconic, 60-70s hotel, and turn this into a design maverick. The art installation of the lobby and restaurant, the reclaimed chairs, the Edra (designed by Campana again) chairs, sofas and mirrors (super expensive), the evil eye charms on the walls of my room, the gold fragmented wash basin stands, the bamboo flooring create a literally NEW design vocabulary. If i had to add something i would also say that the value for money is unique, breakfast is amazing and service is cleverly informal while super attentive. My only criticism, if i had to think one, is that they could also come up with a cheaper lunch preset menu.....

Room Tip: Choose a room with the evil eye charms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank greek1970
There are newer reviews for New Hotel

Reviewed 19 November 2011

New Hotel is perfectly situated in the very center of Athens, 10 minutes walk from gate of Akropolis. I appreciated the style - a cool mixture of Nordic wood and Mediterranean warmth. Detailed interior is a pleasure for senses.

Breakfast was one of the best I've recently had, excellent fresh ingredients and true local flavors.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MN72
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Cleanest, chic, friendly, cozy hotel very close to everywhere in Athens

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank AydinAkbiyikoglu
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Excellent hotel, beautiful rooms with the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept in, Clarins bath products, room service twice a day, welcoming freshly baked cakes in room, eco friendly, fantastic design, fresh bakery all day and real true authentic Italian coffee and Italian cappuccino, I am Italian so know what I am talking about.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank PaolaSavona
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to receive such kind reviews. Our aim is to make our guests' stay an unforgettable experience and we strongly believe that attention to detail is really very important. Your appreciating comments encourage us to increase our efforts in offering the outmost to our valuable guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel is one of the best I ever visited, the staff are extremely friendly and helpfull, the hotel itself is a pearl. The rooms are very 'cosy' but at the same time very 'design' wich is a rare combination. Also location is perfect at the beginning of the Plaka and walking distance from moast attractions.
If you're going to Athens do yourself a favour and book a room at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Prinsophetwittepaard

Dear Guest ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Such rewarding comments motivate us to keep improving. It is our pleasure to accommodate you again in the near future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2011

I haven't stayed at this hotel but what I would like to say that if the front of house staff are representative of the whole hotel, it must be first class. I was caught in the middle of the protests while walking home from a conference one night as there was no transport operating. I turned a corner and was confronted with rock throwing extremists on one side and a squad of riot police with tear gas bombs on the other. The extremists had lit a fire from backed up garbage to block the police. I stepped into this. I was close to the New Hotel and asked them to shelter me. Not only did they open their doors to me, they gave me a drink and rang my partner back at my hotel to reassure him I was okay. Then, when things quietened a little, they provided me with an escort back to my hotel. With such fine service, this hotel deserves to be congratulated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Carefreetraveller_9
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Getting to know us through such an experience must have been an upsetting for you. Nevertheless it was our duty and pleasure to offer you a secure environment during your need. We hope that in the future we will have the chance to have you with us as a guest and get the chance to extend our hospitality.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

We had a pleasant one-night stay here. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was great with amazing service in the restaurant. The room was clean. Wifi did not work in the room, but we didn't need it. The shower was large with two showerheads, which was neat, but, sadly, we could only get lukewarm water in both the morning and evening. Other than that, it was a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: For couples, the rooms with two showerheads are neat.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank john0105

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at New Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our services and kindly note that we have upgraded our wifi system to a high speed mode. Hopefully your next visit to Athens will last longer than one night to have the opportunity to enjoy more of our service.

Kind regards