New Hotel
US$179
US$354
US$254
  • Restaurant
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$335
US$170
US$153
1,608 results
All reviewsart loungeblackout shadessyntagma squarestudio roominteresting designgreat hotelprevious hotelshower doorrooftop barwalking distanceboutique hotelour honeymoonperfect locationstreet noisetop floorbreakfast was deliciousloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I just realised I didn't write a review for this hotel yet - a year has passed and I still tell everyone about it!

Loved it. Location is terrific, close to the main shopping street, easy distance to trains and sites. Rooms are funky but importantly spacious, clean and bright. Bed was incredibly comfy. Loved the shower with the wooden panel features. The whole design of the hotel was great I love stay somewhere that is interesting to look at. Really loved how there were always bite sized treats in the foyer, I couldn't help but pinch one everytime I walked past! Breakfast was amazing. Staff were great, Panos escorting me to my room was great.

Love love loved it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team would like to thank you for sharing with us your thankful review after staying with us a year ago. We are glad that you loved our hotels location, design and bedding experience. Once again we thank you and we would love to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Dimitris Valyrakis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked 2 nights here to stay in a safe hotel while seeing all the sites in Athens. From the lobby to the rooms, the interior design is out of this world. Very funky and unique. Violeta, one of the front desk agents, is exceptional! She answered every single question I had about Athens and even gave me tips on different things to do. She never made me feel rushed and always had a smile on her face. Thomas, the doorman was also helpful in offering assistance. I chose the least expensive room but it felt like a first class room complete with a balcony, refrigerator, flat screen TV, A/C, a heavenly comfortable bed, and lots of space. I did the rate that included breakfast and it was delectable. There was no resisting the huge croissants and array of food. The location is also excellent & safe. It's an easy 3 minute walk to Syntagma Square which is great to take the Metro but it's quiet enough to be away from it. It's also right near the major shopping streets, Plaka, etc. The walk to the major road of the Acropolis is maybe 10-15 minutes. I would definitely stay there again or at their other properties. Bravo!

Room Tip: When I booked my room online, in the notes section I requested a quiet room. My balcony was on the corner part of Fillelinon & the other street. I was very happy with my room. Even though it was the least expensive, it felt like a 5 star room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This has to be one of the nicest places we have stayed in ages. Fantastic decor - the foyer and cafe walls are made of furniture legs etc from the old hotel. Our room was great with an interesting mural of shadow puppets instead of the boring prints you usually see. Very comfie beds, excellent checkin and perfect location just minutes from Syntagma Square. You can stroll down the shopping precinct in minutes and plenty of great cafes open at night. Rooftop restaurant tops it off! Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing New Hotel during your stay in Athens. It is always a pleasure to receive such great reviews and know that you had an excellent stay with us. We are glad that you had the opportunity to visit and enjoy our rooftop restaurant New Art Lounge. On behalf of our team would like to thank you and will be more than happy to welcome you back on your next visit to Athens.
Kind Regards
Dimitris Valyrakis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2013

First time in Athens and just stopping through for one night. We wanted to see the Acropolis and a little of town and this small hotel was PERFECT. I usually stay in resorts or business hotels over art/design hotels like this - but it was great. Rooms are not massive, but are functional and stylish. The bar at the top of the hotel gives a great view of the city and we could glimpse the Acropolis from our window (room 603). Couldn't fault the hotel or service at all, I'd rate this as terrific value. And here's a tip, we grabbed a cab and went to Gazi for very late dinner and drinks (very lively on a Tuesday) and caught something called the "Happy Train" for a little tour of Athens the next day for six euros. It was a really great 24 hours in the city and this hotel was perfectly positioned and kitted out to make this possible. Thanks! Room had a his and hers shower, for those who like that sort of thing. Also - complete blackout blinds. Darkness is very important to me in a hotel room and this delivered. However, nearby church bells at about 9am nearly gave me a heart attack - so be prepared. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Some rooms can glimpse the Acropolis. You could ask for one of those, but it really is just a glimpse.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, with great style. Clever designs that give this hotel a totally individual look. Small enough and with highly skilled personnel who know how to make you feel completely comfortable without being stiff or starchy. Rooftop dining room is gorgeous at sunset and the food is surprisingly good--not standard hotel food in any way. Great location at the edge of Plaka but right off of Syntagma Square.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo