“Very Good”

New Hotel
Ranked #8 of 281 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staffs are accommodating. Rooms are cozy, nice and clean. Though you can hear noises from the other room adjacent to you. Walls are not that thick perhaps. Toiletries are with pleasing smell. Shower area are not that good since i think i will fell or slide because of the floor wood, it's moving. Left early in the morning to travel to Athens, staff gave us breakfast meal to brought in our next trip. That was so sweet :) Wifi connection are excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natbelle2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just stayed here for 2 nights May 2014 en route to Greek Islands and loved it! Very clean new trendy modern hotel a few minutes walk from Syntagma Square for easy metro access and one minute walk into the maze of the Plaka and shops bars restaurants and of course the sights.
Lovely room at front with balcony and view of National Gardens. Very busy road but the double glazing eliminates all noise and the great electric blinds the early morning sun light. Ask for front room but I think that is an upgrade!
Staff and food all good, new restaurant on roof but you need to book. Reception excellent and they even managed to send my wifes hair straighteners which we left by next day courier to Mykonos well impressed!!
Took metro from airport but it gets a bit busy by the time you reach city centre and woulkd be too hot in summer to drag your cases along road. Taxi is fixed 40 Euros and quicker.

Room Tip: Front rooms with view from balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daveedinburgh
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were transitting home through Athens after an island break and wanted to ensure our last night was as comfortable as possible so we could get enough sleep.

New Hotel was slightly pricier than other hotels in the same category,but having stayed in another similarly rated hotel on the way out, and having been disappointed, we were okay to pay more for comfort.

Check in and out is very painless, with a lovely, if not slightly cosy room. It's totally soundproof with amazing black out shutters allowing you to make a little cave and completely pass out.

Room service was very tasty - a tad pricey, and breakfast was VERY expensive, but delicious. I was charged full continental breakfast price for a cup of coffee and a croissant!

We left some belongings at the hotel and the staff were very accommodating in returning it to us. We had to contact them though and it took us a while to realize we'd left them. I would have though having all our contact information and knowing who had stayed in the room, they would have contacted us.

Overall very good and we would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing New hotel during your vacation in Athens. We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality, services, location and design. On behalf of our team we would like to thank you and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Kind Regards
Dimitris Valyrakis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was so in between to book my room in a 5* hotels around Syntagma square or New Hotel. I have decided to make my reservation to New Hotel as per their pictures and style. I wasn't sure what I was going to face but once I stepped inside the building the smell of the hotel and decoration of lobby affected me. Definitely reccomend studio rooms if possible. There are no carpets inside of the rooms and bathrooms are very convenient (they also have rainshower) . Breakfast is great as per Athens standarts and the hotel is very very clean. Hotel is very close to Syntagma metro station and in walking distance to Monastraki area, Ermou street, Parliament and even to Kolonaki area. Acropolis is only 1 stop away via metro. Also hotels one face is looking to National park. Stuff is well edcuated, friendly (thank you to Dimitra Pispili and Guest Relations supervisor I can't really remember her name now). Even if this hotel is listed as 4* their service and quality is as 5*.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I usually stay in the Hotel Grande Bretagne but it was fully booked for one of the nights that I wanted so I chose to stay in the New Hotel on the recommendation of a taxi driver on one of my previous visits.
I think there was a conference on in the city when I stayed in Athens, so the hotel was more expensive than normal (I paid €265 per night including breakfast for a standard double room- single occupancy).
The first impression of the hotel was nice, the staff are very friendly and definitely the staff are the best thing about the hotel. I was staying in room 102 and the first thing I noticed was the noise. I thought the window must be open as I could clearly hear all the passing traffic or people talking whilst walking past the hotel. But no, the window was not open, it was just that the glazing/sound proofing was not very good. Also you could clearly hear all the people talking in the hotel corridor. The hotel makes such a big thing on its website that all rooms are "sound proofed", well I think they need to revisit that statement.
The toiletries in the shower room were nice although there was a strong smell of damp in the shower. I was delighted that there was a proper hairdryer in the wardrobe as that is one of my big pet hates. It was around 26 degrees in Athens when I was there so I put on the air-conditioning, the lowest temp was 18 degrees which I do not consider cold!
The breakfast was nice but a little bit disjointed. You help yourself to somethings but have to order other items from the staff. I must admit to being a bit of a piggy at breakfast as usually I just have some fruit but when I saw the most delicious looking carrot cake, I couldn't resist having a massive slice (I also had some for breakfast the following day too!). One little thing that the staff could do is let you know when you order coffee is that there are loads of types of coffee available. It was only when I saw someone sitting beside me with a cappuccino that I realised you could have a choice other than filter coffee.
As I mentioned, it was warm when I was in Athens and it would have been marvellous to go for an outdoor swim but unfortunately the New Hotel does not have a pool.
All in all the hotel was nice, but considering the price I paid, I was disappointed. If I could get a more reasonable price, I would stay again but definitely not in room 102.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 102, it is extremely noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikkeboentje
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a detailed review. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our location, hospitality and design. Your comments are very valuable to us and we will be more than happy to accommodate you again on your next visit to Athens.

Kind Regards
Dimitris Valyrakis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff is amazing! So friendly and helpful. The hotel is very modern in design and the rooms are perfectly cozy. We loved our stay. In the lobby they have fresh fruit, chilled water, and special little chocolate treats available throughout the whole day. The breakfast that we had included with our room was amazing! The location is close to everything we wanted to see! Very easy to get to from the metro which we took to and from the airport. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our tour company, TrueGreece, booked this hotel. They know what they're doing. We stayed 2 nights at New Hotel. The décor is funky and eclectic; the rooms are very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom arrangement is a little odd, with one door that either closes off the toilet and the shower or just the shower, depending on it's position. But, if you're sharing a hotel room, privacy shouldn't be much of an issue. Breakfast is excellent. The pastries were buttery and flaky, the bread was fresh and the granola as delicious on the 3 varieties of Greek yogurt, there were also cheeses, charcuterie and accompaniments.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends