“I had to come back for more!”
Review of Trattoria Plaka

Trattoria Plaka
Ranked #164 of 2,420 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Description: Established in 1972, Trattoria Restaurant has served as a cornerstone of the historic center of Athens, and arguably its heart, Plaka. Tucked away in the picturesque square Filomousos Eteria, it has served for many years, focusing on high quality ingredients in traditional Mediterranean dishes with a predominant feeling for the Italian and Greek cuisine. Service and hospitality, retain a key ingredient to our success and are the reason for staying in business all these years, with customers who visit us again and again.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I ate at this restaurant twice on my trip! Aaand I ate the same thing both times: grilled octopus! It was very tender on the inside and a bit crispy and salty on the outside! Yes! It comes with some rather flavorless rice and steamed veggies, but you can swap those out for a Greek salad and it will be dynamite. I wish I had seen another poster's picture of the seafood pasta...I might have to go back! If you're in Placa and want a break from the souvlaki and moussaka, go get some octopus from Trattoria!

1  Thank Funkus1

Reviewed 18 May 2013

One of my favorite places to eat in Athens with fabulous wood-fired pizza, generous Greek salads, lovely fruit plates, superb oven baked spaghetti (pasta Trattoria), great traditional dishes like stifado and moussaka in addition to the usual grilled meats. The service is gracious. The location in the Plaka, near the movie theatre, is convenient. Great place to bring a group. I have seen happy groups of elderly Greek women, families, and foreign student groups eating there. The pizza meal for two is great value with two Greek salads, one generous pizza, and two desserts. This place has been consistently good for years.

1  Thank OregonRazorback
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Have been going to this restaurant for several years; i eat there several times during each visit to Athens. Their versions of beef stifado and lamb kleftiko are excellent. Their two for 20 euro meal special--2 generous salads, 2 desserts of your choice, and one generous pizza to share--is what drew some of my students there inthe first place, and the quality of the wood fired pizza keeps them coming back. Friendly service and fair prices in the heart of the plaka.

1  Thank OregonRazorback
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We went there beacuase we stayed near Acropolis The food was perfect & and the quality of everything we ordered was excellent (we orderd pasta-mix grill and some other stuff)
We enyoed the mix of modern and traditional Greek cuisine. The Service was fast and professional.

Reviewed 5 April 2011

We had dinner two times there, during our 9-days stay in Athens.
On the first night, we saw a big table of greeks inside, which we considered a good sign, and we were right.
Cozy atmosphere, excellent dishes, and the owner is a very nice person.
We told him we are Brazilian and he kept trying to speak in portuguese with us. Which was hilarious.
Try the delicious (and giant) seaplate for two people, or the wonderful pasta with seafood.
If you want to try greek wine - which is somehow different - they have good options of house wines, as well. We had their white wine and enjoyed it very much.
Prices are a little above the neighboors, but it is worthwhile.

1  Thank Co_Gelli