“Coming face-to-face with your schoolbook pictures. . . . ..Priceless!”
Review of Greece Taxi

Greece Taxi
Ranked #32 of 169 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Athens Greece Private tours & transfers. Daily / Week long tours in Greece, Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Delphi, Meteora, Ancient Olympia, Macedonia, Mount Olympus, Thessaloniki, more...
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The driver Kristos was very patient with our schedule, we had some initial hang ups at the airport. But as soon as the second member of the party arrived we embarked on our journey that took us to the Corinth Canal, Olympia, Sparta, and the Acropolis. Our drive out to Olympia was filled breath-taking scenery of the mountainous geography of Greece. Our guide Achilles was very informative and being able to immediately connect with his passion about the areas we visited quite enriched our experience. Once at Olympia we explored every part of the extensive site. Achilles explained the use of every part of the site and through his description was able to visually recreate for us how business would have operated. The Olympic arena was a treat. While in Olympia we spent the night at Hotel Europa. For couples I would highly recommend this hotel as Eleni did for my boyfriend and I. it is family run and quite romantic. In the morning we departed for Sparta or Sparti. We stopped periodically to take pictures against a very rugged background that appealed to adventurers like my partner and I. One memorable stop for a history buff like myself was viewing where Alexander the Great paused and said taking Sparta was no longer a priority.Or hearing about the pillar that he erected that bared the name of all the cities he had conquered except for Sparta. Our guide Achilles was very engaging and shared the rich history of the area. In Sparta we explored the Spartan theater that was still under excavation. I was thrilled that I could brush up on my reading of ancient Greek and Modern Greek, Achilles helped me greatly with that. On our way back from Sparta Kristos and Achilles went the extra mile and took us around some sights in Athens on the way to the Acropolis. Achilles could see my utter excitement to finally have reached the Acropolis and took measured steps to ensure I gathered all the treasure in history that was to be had there. My partner and I as history buffs thoroughly enjoyed our time in Greece and that was in part due to the great efforts of Kristos and Achilles. We would definitely be recommend this company to anyone who would like to truly tour Greece for an awesome price. Kristos and Achilles make a great team.

7  Thank SassyDiplo

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It is better you make up your mind to travel and see a life time experience, and see rhe wonderful world

8  Thank acapulco674
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I contacted multiple different companies in my initial search for a guide service. Eleni was one of only two to notify us that the day we had initially planned to be there was a national holiday and that all sites would be closed. For this alone he gets 4 stars. Eleni was able to arrange four different minibuses for our group. All 4 subgroups were managed well. Our daytrips were spectacular. The price was great as compared with the other groups we contacted.

11  Thank Dumdoc
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We were met at the cruise ship terminal by Vasillios and had an 8 hour tour of Athens. Vassilios was knowledgeable and very helpful in keeping us on time so that we could see all that we wanted to see in 8 hours. The tour was really enjoyable and a couple of the recommendations from Vassilios were places that we might not have thought about but are glad that we saw them.

I would highly recommend Greece Taxi for anyone wanting a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful tour guide and wanting to see the many important sights that are worth seeing in Athens. Clearly a better alternative than the cruise ship offered tours at a very reasonable price.

9  Thank jc95164
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I want to ensure other Trip Advisor readers know about Greece Taxi and its wonderful service.
My husband and I needed to get to the Athens Airport from the Pireus cruise terminal for an early flight. We booked online before we left the States and received prompt response to our email with the price which was 55 euros. THe email contained the name of our driver and his cell and directions on how to meet him at the terminal.
We were a little worried about travel to the airport as we were flying on the Monday after the Greek Orthodox Easter where most people are still on vacation celebrating the holiday. I was delighted that we had no problem - our driver Vasili met us right at the terminal and we traveled to the airport in a clean Mercedes.
So contact Greece taxi at greecetaxi@greecetaxi.gr. You will not be disappointed!

7  Thank Terry T