“Heaven in Greece! ”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Description: LET LOVE IN, LET LOVE OUT" Avocado is a vegetarian-vegan restaurant in the center of Athens. We offer fresh, home-made international cuisine.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is such an amazing place to go, the food, atmosphere, people, all spectacular. As a vegan visiting from the US this place was heaven. Their Greek salad, forgot the actual name, with chickpeas and arugula with a lemony dressing was the best salad I think I have ever eaten. The yellow curry option was also a big hit, very nice break from all the Greek food around. All around the place was absolutely incredible, very worth the price, going back again tomorrow.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,771)

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Felt this place deserved a comment.
As we are a party of seven, we rang in advance to book a table.
The juices were delicious, food was quick and amazing. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've been there twice so far and I really liked the place. Service is amazing and very friendly. Prices range: 6,50 to 13,50 euros. Open from 11.00
I had very good black rice pasta with vegetables and then one of the cold specialities (peppers, aubergine, onion etc. with naan), but it was to sour for me and the naan was too tiny and wasn't a naan actually. The sheep milk ice-creams are a little bit bitter, but still good. And bagels look amazing!
I will definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had 3 meals here both lunch and dinner over the time we stayed in Athens. The restaurant was absolutely brilliant! Delicious food and drinks, nice atmosphere and a unique vegetarian restaurant in Athens. Highly recommended.

1  Thank TGS789
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a 'Macro Plate' and 'Life is a rainbow' for dinner.

+ Relaxing reggae music on the background
+ Pleasant light green walls with wooden interior
+ The guacamole dip is delicious
+ Wide range of fresh juices
+ Staff is friendly
+ Addictive carrot cake
+ Tastefull chocolate tart but not to sweet
+ Big plates

- Little hair in my dish but not disturbing me
- Top of carrot in my dish wasn't cut off which was very bitter
- The stir fried vegetables were way too salty

Here you will get healthy green food. Avocado would be good alternative for the many meat oriented places in Athens. It is conveniently located in the center of the city. Value for money. I will recommmend it.

2  Thank Ying-Kie