“Like Amusement Park of Meals where Four Senses can Enjoy”
Review of Funky Gourmet

Funky Gourmet
Ranked #6 of 2,476 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$0 - US$220
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited this restaurant with my wife for dinner. Although we did not make reservation, we could get a table luckily. We selected the tasting course with approx. 10 dishes, and this was actually amaging experience. All the dishes not only were delicious but also had unique decoration and texture. Especially, Fish Soup Shabu-Shabu was very tasty and the new taste even for us Japanese. The most surprising dish for me was 'Smoked Ice Cream Sandwich'. After I bite this smoked ice cream, the smell of smoke went to the deep area of nose (nasal cavity) through the mouth, and the taste and smell of smoke were harmonized in the mouth and nasal cavity.
Anyway, we enjoyed all meals using four senses such as taste, texture, sight and smell.
The staff were also friendly and supportive but not too outstanding, and they kept in a comfortable distance to us.
I stayed in Athens for 5 days, but this restrant was the most impressive experience for me.

3  Thank YacchanAmarone
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

It took me a long walk to find the place and I was really anxious to taste their food...
No body was there to attend but a guy who was outside who told me that they will open after 18:30. I came back at that time and they recieved me, to be honest they were nice but told me that the restaurant was fully booked for the dinner and I told her that am staying just for that night and I had no problem to sit and be served on the bar.. but she said that it wasn't good to do it on the bar. After she promised that she will call me at 19:30 to my hotel to confirm me if there was any cancelation but she didn't... I went back at 20:30 and they apologies and said that they can't recieve me
Briefing... I asume that it was because I was alone because I honestly didn't see people there

10  Thank Fanny H
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The menu with 16 courses is a must have (no, you will not feel full up, everything is very carefully planned!). If your budget stretches to including the recommended wines, then go for it!! The food is amazing, very good, clever and very fun! The picnic dish will put a huge smile on your face. Staff are lovely and friendly. I would go back to Athens just to go back to Funky Gourmet!!

2  Thank Isabelle S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Each dish with each own weirdness (in a good way). Exceptional taste with wonderful "plate" designs. Very good service, polite and to the point without the extra effort that can become tiresome.

2  Thank aroumeli
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A small restaurant with glass walls in the middle of a residential area. Take a taxi as its not that easy to find. And finding it is definitely worth it. The food is excellent, wonderfully prepared and presented with huge imagination which really adds to the enjoyment. You feel that everyone working there cares about the food, is proud of what they are doing and really wants to make it special for you. Outstanding .

3  Thank dborch