“Super”

Best Western Museum Hotel
Ranked #62 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Overall this hotel is a value for money choice. A really nice centre Hotel. With a nice neighbourhood that lets you see Athens inside out. i recommend this hotel either for couples, friends or family. i travelled as a business traveller and the free WiFi was better than my expectation. Super.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank George B

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Quite disappointed with the hotel. Firstly I was shocked at how ghetto the area was where myself and my partner did not feel safe. And judging by the pictures on the site would never think the area was so run down. Our door kept jamming making it difficult to open and in the likelihood of a fire that would not have been good. The room smelt old and dusty. There was a drain in the bathroom making the whole room smell. Plus on my last day there I got bitten quite badly by mosquitos, so really they should have mosquito nets put up. I guess the only I good thing I could comment on was the breakfast which was decent. Will not plan to stay there again :(

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalia W
pythagorion, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Best Western Museum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We have read with great concern your comments following your stay at Best Western Museum.

Your feedback and suggestions are very much appreciated since they are the main factors that our service planning is based on in our daily effort to achieve good quality services.
Since your review is anonymous we cannot locate at which room you stayed at in order to check the malfunctions you are describing.

We are indeed surprised of what you have written because the cleanliness of our rooms is something that our guests commend us about with very flattering words. At the reception we provide anti mosquito repellents and if you have asked for one we would have definitely delivered one in your room.

Since we give serious consideration to constructive suggestions that enable us to review our services we would be pleased to hear from you directly in order to discuss these comments in greater detail . Please contact us at sales@hotelsofathens.com

Further to the hotel location that you are referring to we would like to inform you that:

The hotel is about a 10-minute walk from Omonia Square metro stop in the very center of Athens. The area isn’t a ghetto and it is very safe.

It is a residential and working class neighbourhood with lots of inexpensive restaurants, cafes, shops and a lively cafe life at the Exarchia Sq. nearby.

The area is also occupied by students and academics due to the proximity of the Polytechnic University.

The hotel is just around the corner from the most important Museum of Greece : the National Archaeological Museum and a next to the Ministry of Culture.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we remain at your full service and disposal.

Korahai Margarita
Reservation Manager
BEST WESTERN Museum Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hotel was easy to get to once we arrived at the airport. I travelled with my mum who is over 60 and the hotel is in a great location central to all the sights in Athens. We stayed for 6 nights and also had B-fast included which was excellent as well as a lot of choice. Hotel staff were helpful and also helped us book all our excursions from the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 823Laura
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Overall, I am ok to happy with my choice to stay in Best Western Museum for my extended stay in Athens after my conference.

The location of the hotel is not too bad. About 10mins walk to the local subway and about 20mins walk to the main shopping area.

However, the hotel is situated inside a very quiet neighbourhood and the neighbourhood does not give you the security that you want to go out at night for a walk or even to walk to/from the subway. I don't feel secured there at night. That is why my travel around Athens is that I make sure I return to the hotel around 7pm.

The breakfast was ok if you are not picky. Not much of a choice for you to choose from. Not a big area too, will have an issue if the hotel is hosting a group.

For the 4days that I stayed there, everyday is the same breakfast. No in Room Service and No Restaurant. But the front desk can help you to order for food delivery to your room with no extra charge.

No complimentary water given too. Have to buy your own. Though the water from the tap is save to drink. No kettle to boil water too. No remote control to the room A/C. It is all standardise temperature that you can't set to the temp that you are more comfortable with, which is strange to me.

Lastly, the room is not as big as what it is shown on their website or any OTA. It is much smaller than it is shown. Also there is no English TV Channels except for one but they don't always show them only at selected timeslots, I believed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank serog5
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Will start off with the plus points. Its cheap, conveniently located , has friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast and good clean rooms.Its a good place to come back to after you've done your tourist thing. Do not choose this hotel if you want to wallow in the lap of luxury or if you are expecting something fancy. It is not located in the most upscale area of Athens. However if you are looking for a decent place without too many frills, this is it.

Do check out the Exarchion plaza for a variety of al fresco dining options. Its a 5 min walk from the hotel and has some really good options for the local cuisine

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rram_n
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Flew from Cyprus for a flying visit to see the sites. Hotel clean and comfortable but rooms quite small, usual thing in a city centre. No bath and a very small shower which flooded the floor every time we used it. Breakfast passable but basic. On the plus side the hotel is in an ideal location for all the sites. Took us 25 mins walk to get to the acropolis etc. the archeological museum is just across the street from the hotel and well worth a visit. ( open until 8 pm on a Monday night) would use this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moyra H
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very good location , small but comfortable room
Nice breakfast the staff was kind and provided all the information you need.
Bathroom and shower were less than 2sq. :(
Try to upgrade the room if it's possible it may worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business