“Nice Hotel”

Best Western Museum Hotel
Ranked #56 of 325 Hotels in Athens
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for four nights. The staff is very friendly and willing to help you out with anything you need. Location is right next to the Greece natural history museum, which is great! 10 minute walk to the metro, which will get you to the Acropolis, Piraeus port, airport, etc.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arham R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
County Tyrone
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We didn't quite know what to expect - the area is quite run down - however, we got a real surprise with this hotel. It is based near the student area and the university and museum. Some excellent restaurants not far away and extremely reasonable in price with great food on offer. A lot of locals appear to eat in this area. Once you get your bearings, you realise that most attractions are not that far away and the hotel staff are only too willing to organise any trips you want.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CountyTyroneLizzie
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Loved it! Amazing wifi in the room. Free breakfast. Really nice staff and decent priced port and airport transfers. The rooms are also really nice and you get exactly what the website says. Our room had 4 beds and we only needed 3 so we got more than we even needed. The staff was really helpful too. I loved it here and would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Shira D
Sheringham
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Whilst the hotel is comfortable, the rooms do require a bit of TLC especially in the bathrooms. The breakfasts are adequate and plentiful but somewhat samy.The lifts are tiny and if you have luggage are a bit compact to say the least. Free wifi is available and functional. The reception and bar staff are exceptional and help whenever it is needed. I really cannot speak highly of the reception and bar staff. The location of the hotel is in an area outside the city centre. However it is within easy reach of most of the attractions. Overall, a good place at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the 6th or 7th floors
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank colinrbush
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked this hotel with Bestwestern online due to being familiar with their hotels in the USA and figuring they would at lest be kept up to a similar standard, and because it was across the street from the National Archeological Museum. The staff were friendly and helpful with all of my questions. The room itself and the breakfast were decent. The view out my window/balcony was a back alley, so not so good. It took me 2 hours to find this hotel due to being on a one way street that can only be reached by another one way street, and traffic in Athens is as bad as downtown New York City so I kept missing my turn. Plus the hotel did not show up on my iphone GPS so I could not locate it even though I paid extra for the international data plan with AT&T. Due to the poor traffic, my rental car stayed parked at the hotel all 5 days I was there. I walked a mile or two every day to the various sites throughout Athens, which I actually didn't mind because I enjoyed the exercise. The neighborhood was not the best, though I did not feel unsafe walking alone at night, but I am a fairly big bearded man so people were probably more scared of me. This was my first trip to Athens, my second trip I will stay closer to the Acropolis with a view of the Acropolis from my balcony.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank David B
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First off, I should say that I travel a great deal and have stayed in hotels of all sorts. This particular stay was undoubtedly the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had in terms of the location. The estimate of "550 meters from the metro" was overly optimistic on the hotel's part. But more importantly, the neighborhood rapidly declined block by block until we were literally walking past meth-heads lighting their pipes on the sidewalks and stepping over half-conscious crackheads. And this was the area directly surrounding the hotel. The staff was helpful and honest and acknowledged that is would be unwise to leave the hotel at night. Who would want to with the crowd gathered around the 4 dumpsters across the street rifling through the refuse? When we were sent 2 blocks over to meet our tour bus by the nearby Park hotel, we were subsequently directly to the bus stop across the street at which point we were harassed by the most disease-ridden hooker I've ever seen. We finally fled the area and headed back to the hotel. When we relayed this account and the staff member realized that we had been sent to a local bus stop he said "Oh no, you almost made a very deadly mistake." One can only wonder why the hotel staff would send their guests anywhere near such a location. But as I said, overall the staff was great, though I wouldn't ever suggest anyone risk the stay anywhere in this area. It was absolutely frightening.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eklein5823
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel last week and found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were clean with good sound proofing. We had a lovely balcony with view and it was good to be a bit out of the centre and eat with the locals. The only downsides were lack of plug sockets, one and the taxi driver having to charge us a set price to the port as the hotel called the taxi and this us paying 11 euros more to go to the hotel....not impressed by that! Overall though a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for knee on the 6 the floor at the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple