“My most excellent Athen's hotel!”

Best Western Ilisia Hotel
Ranked #231 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Boston, Massachusetts
“My most excellent Athen's hotel!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you want comfort, location, Metro access, courtesy, a friendly staff, with a great buffet breakfast, free parking (I had a motorcycle that I rented from Sophie, at Motorent) all at a very reasonable cost, here it is! Be advised. This is not the Hilton. If you need the trappings of opulence, go elsewhere. Not to say that this hotel is anything but clean and well furnished. The rooms and matresses comfortable. The staff as friendly and helpful as any place at any cost. I find the neighborhood hip, the merchants interesting, the cafes informal and inviting (try the cafe named... "greek word for "Steps" within a 5 minute walk from the hotel), good bakeries, gyro stands, cheese pies. I had a straight razor shave at Dino's Coiffure the afternoon before we attended a performance of "Cabaret" at Megaron, Athen's concert hall. This is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I am 58 years old, more interested in excitement than comfort. At the Ilisia I get both. My girlfriend from Somerville Ma. loved the hotel and Athens when she visited me. She was in the Peloponnese for most of her trip. I traveled by motorcycle to visit her and that was an unforgettable side journey. I love Athens!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TommyO1955

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for four nights. My room was clean and comfortable; it met all my needs. The hotel provided a nice breakfast with a mix of breads, yogurt, cereal, meats, and eggs. The hotel was less than 10 minutes from a metro station with access to all the major sights in Athens. I also enjoyed the Starbucks next door. The Ilisia exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again. The internet single strength was somewhat spotty but I was able to access the internet daily.

Room Tip: If you need the internet, ask for a room with good signal strength.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bullwalk
DIMITRIOS T, General Manager at Best Western Ilisia Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear bullwalk,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased to hear that your expectations were met.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards,

Rhodes, Greece
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Very bad preserved, awful structure, you could hear people walking, using the toilet from the upper floor, even what they were talking about! The sheet had a huge hole on the upper side! Found an empty bottle of wine in the closet! The hand soap, foam bath and shampoo provided were all the same product! We left the room early in the morning, the cleaning lady did not clean it but when we returned at noon she told us to leave again so that she could clean! Turned on the air condition and was so loud we couldn't sleep! No way the service and the accomodation was of a 4 star hotel! While leaving, I saw an unhappy customer shouting at the reseption- I sympathise her!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DIMITRIOS T, General Manager at Best Western Ilisia Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Stasa A,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to read that you were unhappy with your overall stay in our hotel. We pride ourselves on a friendly, timely and courteous service to all our guests and what you have experienced does not seem to comply to our high standards of operation.

All your comments have been noted and action will be taken.

Thank you for your feedback and we wish to be given the chance to prove that what you have experienced does not represent what Best Western Ilisia Hotel has been offering guests in the 40 years of operation.

Best Regards,

Dimitrios Tsekouras

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October. I arrived at 9pm and had no trouble finding the hotel from the Megaro Mousikis metro station, which is just a few minutes walk away. The roads around the hotel felt relatively safe, even after dark, and we had no trouble at all.

The hotel itself is clean and the people on reception are very polite and helpful. Although the decor is pretty dated, we spent most of our time exploring Athens and it didn't bother us. If you pay for a double room, you may find that you are given two single beds pushed together which was a bit of a nuisance as we kept falling down the gap as they slid apart! Also, the rooms have no sound insulation and I was woken up by the next door room's alarm clock.

The breakfast is this hotels main letdown, the orange juice is actually orange squash and the croissants were dry. However the peaches were very good!

We booked through lastminute.com and got a very good deal, however I don't know whether the hotel can completely justify the full price.

However, overall we had a great stay and I would stay here again if I return to Athens.

Room Tip: If you are booking a double room, ask if you can get a double bed rather than two singles.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgia D
Dear Georgia D,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that you found our hotel conveniently located. Indeed, we are close to 2 metro stations and the surrounding area, like the whole city of Athens, is very safe throughout the day. We pride ourselves for a courteous and helpful service and are happy that you have experienced it.

Your comments on the décor and the breakfast have been noted for further action. Regarding your room, we do have double queen size beds available.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Ilisia Hotel, in your next visit to Athens.

Best regards,

Kastoria, Greece
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good location in Central Athens, relatively close to Metro Station. The personnel was very friendly and polite. Party consisted of 2 parents and 2 children. We were offered two inter - connecting rooms, located at the end of the hallway therefore keeping noice level low during the night. Rooms had do view, breakfast was included in the price and was very basic. Overall average, fairly priced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dimitris_Kastoria
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Absolutely no sound insulations, all sound from the hallway is the perfect audible. View from the room in terrible. Breakfast is very basic, no vegetables.
But very good location and reasonable price.

Room Tip: view to the yard/next house is terrible.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stanislavs G
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Ok lets face it : the location is not one of the best in Athens , you dont want to come back to this place in middle of the night alone by yourself , but at least there is a metro station not too far away. Rooms are small but okay. the price is somehow fair. Everything is just okay nothing more.

• Stayed August 2013