“Delivers what it promises”

BEST WESTERN Ilisia Hotel
Ranked #233 of 325 Hotels in Athens
London, United Kingdom
“Delivers what it promises”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel has whatever I expect from a simple hotel for a 3-4 days business or family trip. Without excessive amenities or luxury, it simply delivers what it promises, and what I usually expect from a 3-star hotel. Relatively comfortable and quite rooms.
Shampoo, body and hand soap in dispenser. Two towels per person.
The safety box is rather small and can not accommodate your laptop but is suitable for your valuables. Small fridge to accommodate your own supplies.
Connected double rooms suite families quite well.
Surprisingly excellent WiFi connection in the room.
Good service. I would expect some more thorough cleaning though.
A wide variety of options for breakfast, of average quality, but still, suitable to the price range of this hotel.
What I missed was to have some room service for a snack or a coffee, but then I would have opted for a more expensive hotel.
It was not my first time there and I will certainly return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HotelCooler
DIMITRIOS T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilisia Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your kind feedback, we truly appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dimitrios Tsekouras

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Attiki, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

In short:I CAN'T understand many people who complain about various silly situations which are easily corrected by the hotel staff. For instance: How can somebody be cold in a room with air condition?
The hotel is situated in a nice area, many good museums are in walking distance. Buses, Metro and Taxis are 2 minutes from the hotel available . The very friendly and helpful staff of the reception will inform you about everything you need. We stayed in a very comfortable 3 bedroom in the fifth floor with a big balcony. It was very calm and had nice furniture.
Opposite of the hotel is a Starbucks coffee shop, the Hilton is just opposite the street.We didn't eat at the hotel,since we were invited by friends. But the smell of fresh baked rolls was delicious in the morning.
Our week in this hotel was very satisfactory for us , the price was reasonable for the comfort it provided.

Room Tip: The first three floors are freshly renovated, the two other floors will get a facelift soon.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marilona V
Kalamata, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

You need to know that if you are driving to the hotel, you have to book in before you get a remote for secure parking nearby.
The entrance is very impressive and the corridors are warm.However,our room was freezing, even though we put the air conditioner/heater on.My husband slept in his clothes!!
The room, on the fifth floor was tired and worn, needs a bit of TLC and updating.
The breakfast was not quite as varied as other Best Westerns we have stayed in.The dining area was cold too, other guests commented on this.
As well as a Starbucks, there is a Goodys nearby.Had no problem with the wii fii.
The staff on reception were pleasant.

Room Tip: probably opt for a lower floor as I think they are being refurbished.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you want comfort, location, Metro access, courtesy, a friendly staff, with a great buffet breakfast, free parking (I had a motorcycle that I rented from Sophie, at Motorent) all at a very reasonable cost, here it is! Be advised. This is not the Hilton. If you need the trappings of opulence, go elsewhere. Not to say that this hotel is anything but clean and well furnished. The rooms and matresses comfortable. The staff as friendly and helpful as any place at any cost. I find the neighborhood hip, the merchants interesting, the cafes informal and inviting (try the cafe named... "greek word for "Steps" within a 5 minute walk from the hotel), good bakeries, gyro stands, cheese pies. I had a straight razor shave at Dino's Coiffure the afternoon before we attended a performance of "Cabaret" at Megaron, Athen's concert hall. This is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I am 58 years old, more interested in excitement than comfort. At the Ilisia I get both. My girlfriend from Somerville Ma. loved the hotel and Athens when she visited me. She was in the Peloponnese for most of her trip. I traveled by motorcycle to visit her and that was an unforgettable side journey. I love Athens!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TommyO1955
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for four nights. My room was clean and comfortable; it met all my needs. The hotel provided a nice breakfast with a mix of breads, yogurt, cereal, meats, and eggs. The hotel was less than 10 minutes from a metro station with access to all the major sights in Athens. I also enjoyed the Starbucks next door. The Ilisia exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again. The internet single strength was somewhat spotty but I was able to access the internet daily.

Room Tip: If you need the internet, ask for a room with good signal strength.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bullwalk
Dear bullwalk,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased to hear that your expectations were met.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Rhodes, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Very bad preserved, awful structure, you could hear people walking, using the toilet from the upper floor, even what they were talking about! The sheet had a huge hole on the upper side! Found an empty bottle of wine in the closet! The hand soap, foam bath and shampoo provided were all the same product! We left the room early in the morning, the cleaning lady did not clean it but when we returned at noon she told us to leave again so that she could clean! Turned on the air condition and was so loud we couldn't sleep! No way the service and the accomodation was of a 4 star hotel! While leaving, I saw an unhappy customer shouting at the reseption- I sympathise her!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DIMITRIOS T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilisia Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Stasa A,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to read that you were unhappy with your overall stay in our hotel. We pride ourselves on a friendly, timely and courteous service to all our guests and what you have experienced does not seem to comply to our high standards of operation.

All your comments have been noted and action will be taken.

Thank you for your feedback and we wish to be given the chance to prove that what you have experienced does not represent what Best Western Ilisia Hotel has been offering guests in the 40 years of operation.

Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October. I arrived at 9pm and had no trouble finding the hotel from the Megaro Mousikis metro station, which is just a few minutes walk away. The roads around the hotel felt relatively safe, even after dark, and we had no trouble at all.

The hotel itself is clean and the people on reception are very polite and helpful. Although the decor is pretty dated, we spent most of our time exploring Athens and it didn't bother us. If you pay for a double room, you may find that you are given two single beds pushed together which was a bit of a nuisance as we kept falling down the gap as they slid apart! Also, the rooms have no sound insulation and I was woken up by the next door room's alarm clock.

The breakfast is this hotels main letdown, the orange juice is actually orange squash and the croissants were dry. However the peaches were very good!

We booked through lastminute.com and got a very good deal, however I don't know whether the hotel can completely justify the full price.

However, overall we had a great stay and I would stay here again if I return to Athens.

Room Tip: If you are booking a double room, ask if you can get a double bed rather than two singles.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgia D
Dear Georgia D,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that you found our hotel conveniently located. Indeed, we are close to 2 metro stations and the surrounding area, like the whole city of Athens, is very safe throughout the day. We pride ourselves for a courteous and helpful service and are happy that you have experienced it.

Your comments on the décor and the breakfast have been noted for further action. Regarding your room, we do have double queen size beds available.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Ilisia Hotel, in your next visit to Athens.

Best regards,