2,798 results
All reviews acropolis museum atrium restaurant great location rooftop jacuzzi hot tub acropolis view within walking distance rooms are small very nice hotel an amazing view plaka district yogurt sister hotel metro station few minutes walk quiet street breakfast buffet is
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I have just returned from a two night stay and I thought the hotel was very nice. Location is just perfect, the roof terrace a wonderful place to relax after a days sight seeing and the room clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok, as was the lunch we ordered on the terrace.

Only one complaint - the exteme heat of the rooms! I had a room on the outside so although it was very warm if I kept the window open at night it was ok but a little noisy. My friend had one overlooking the inner court yard and they were uncomfortably hot even though the outside temperatire at night was only about 10c. The air con hadn't been switched on for summer yet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Berlin
Reviewed 18 March 2010

After a week stay in Herodion Hotel, I must say that it was a disaster and I can not believe people who wrote all these.

Actually, most of the reviews saying GREAT LOCATION which is true but I wouldnt pay that much money only for its location. Its definetely not a 4* hotel or tourist class. I would never say its more than 2* hotel.

They have inner and otside rooms. Outside rooms have balcony but inner rooms are facing to a hall which is dark and you can not refresh the air in your room.

All furniture, towels etc are old and smells very bad. A long hair came on my face when I used the towel and that was the last time which I have used it. I used the towels on the floor as the carpets in the room was really dirty. It was even hard to walk in the room because it was quite small. I had chance to see all other rooms. Briefly dark and dirty rooms.

The breakfast was fair but the tables were again dirty. Because its popular, there were
many people who use the breakfast hall at the same time.

They charge 3 EURO per an hour and 6 EURO per 24 hour internet, all extras are quite expensive.

On the other hand, the roof terrace was nice and you can see the Acropolis , New museum in the night but I wouldnt stay in this hotel because its only walking distance to these places.

Once again, you can say the location perfect but hotel is not so I would rather pay less to stay in better hotel and walk a bit more.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We stayed here for four nights and loved it, a very comfortable and calm haven to retreat to after a day sightseeing. Fantastic location right next door to the New Acropolis Museum, just down the road from the entrance to the Parthenon ,easy walking distance to the Plaka area where there are numerous very good eating places and in a very safe location. It is also worth noting that it is within walking distance of the Acropolis metro station which makes it very easy to get to from the airport. Other plus points are that the restaurant and bar prices are very reasonable for a hotel of this standard and location. Great rooftop gardens with fab views of the Parthenon.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2010

When we first arrived at the Herodian it was quite a pleasant experience to get all the help we need from the staff as well as a quick and swift check-in. The rooms are small but not abnormally small, more like the rest of Europe. If you travel in a large group we did get a great rate but from what I've read for a "normal price" it's not worth it. You have to pay for every like thing in the room. Using a calling card is a euro, the safe is a euro 80 per day, the mini bar is ridiculous, to use the hot tubs on the roof it's five euro for 15 minutes, wifi is expesive (3 euro for 30 minutes or 6 for 24 hours), and they charge a three % commission for exchanging currency. Other than that it was a pleasant stay. The room needs more outlets though, the only one I could find in the room was the one in the bathroom and it says (rasors only), but where am I supposed to plug in my phone?!? We will be back for another stay in about a week and I am looking forward to it, except for the amount I need to front to use basic services offered by the hotel. View of the acropolis is amazing from the roof and there's plenty of room to hang out up there with a few friends and enjoy a bottle of ouzo bought in the many shops and cafes in the area. The hotel is situated wonderfully! Literally right next door to the acropolis museum and just a short walk to the acropolis itself, great place if you plan to visit the area around quite a bit, as well as a metro station about a two to three minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I stayed at the Herodion from 31st December to 3rd January and truly enjoyed the stay. The hotel is in a great location: close to the main sites but in a quiet neighbourhood. The hotel has recently been refurbished and was very pleasant. Service is good and courteous. The roof terrace was great, including the outdoor jacuzzi (yes it was warm enough outside to use it on New Year's day).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple