2,762 results
All reviewsacropolis museumatrium restaurantgreat locationrooftop jacuzzihot tubacropolis viewwithin walking distancerooms are smallvery nice hotelan amazing viewplaka districtyogurtsister hotelmetro stationfew minutes walkquiet streetbreakfast buffet is
Reviewed 11 April 2010

The Herodion Hotel is located about two blocks away from the major historical sites. We were able to walk everywhere. The breakfast was great as was the service. Our room was a little small, but was clean and had a pretty good view of the Acropolis. They have two rooftop terraces where you can sit, relax, and enjoy a glass of wine. My only complaint is that they charge 5 Euros to use the jacuzzi, which is located on a roof terrace. Overall, the value was great and we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Hotel Herodion is a great, no-nonsense hotel near all the action in Athens. Make a left out of the hotel, another left at the corner, proceed about a block up hill and you're right on the pedestrian walkway that wraps around the Acropolis! This hotel is in perfectly located on the fringe of all the action. During our stay here we walked everywhere-Plaka, Acropolis, Syntagma Square, Hadrian's Arch, Lycabbetus Hill (St. George's), Acropolis Museum...etc. Although some attractions were a bit far, it was feasible and a great adventure. I'm sure we could have done it all a lot faster by subway or bus, but we preferred to walk.

Hotel was clean, and location very safe. The roof deck is a great place to relax with views of the city and the Acopolis. We had fun pointing out our hotel from different spots within the city, like from the terrace of the Acropolis Museum.

Check-In/Out was quick and easy. Breakfast was good and service prompt.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I have just returned from a two night stay and I thought the hotel was very nice. Location is just perfect, the roof terrace a wonderful place to relax after a days sight seeing and the room clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok, as was the lunch we ordered on the terrace.

Only one complaint - the exteme heat of the rooms! I had a room on the outside so although it was very warm if I kept the window open at night it was ok but a little noisy. My friend had one overlooking the inner court yard and they were uncomfortably hot even though the outside temperatire at night was only about 10c. The air con hadn't been switched on for summer yet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2010

After a week stay in Herodion Hotel, I must say that it was a disaster and I can not believe people who wrote all these.

Actually, most of the reviews saying GREAT LOCATION which is true but I wouldnt pay that much money only for its location. Its definetely not a 4* hotel or tourist class. I would never say its more than 2* hotel.

They have inner and otside rooms. Outside rooms have balcony but inner rooms are facing to a hall which is dark and you can not refresh the air in your room.

All furniture, towels etc are old and smells very bad. A long hair came on my face when I used the towel and that was the last time which I have used it. I used the towels on the floor as the carpets in the room was really dirty. It was even hard to walk in the room because it was quite small. I had chance to see all other rooms. Briefly dark and dirty rooms.

The breakfast was fair but the tables were again dirty. Because its popular, there were
many people who use the breakfast hall at the same time.

They charge 3 EURO per an hour and 6 EURO per 24 hour internet, all extras are quite expensive.

On the other hand, the roof terrace was nice and you can see the Acropolis , New museum in the night but I wouldnt stay in this hotel because its only walking distance to these places.

Once again, you can say the location perfect but hotel is not so I would rather pay less to stay in better hotel and walk a bit more.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We stayed here for four nights and loved it, a very comfortable and calm haven to retreat to after a day sightseeing. Fantastic location right next door to the New Acropolis Museum, just down the road from the entrance to the Parthenon ,easy walking distance to the Plaka area where there are numerous very good eating places and in a very safe location. It is also worth noting that it is within walking distance of the Acropolis metro station which makes it very easy to get to from the airport. Other plus points are that the restaurant and bar prices are very reasonable for a hotel of this standard and location. Great rooftop gardens with fab views of the Parthenon.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple