2,859 results
All reviews acropolis museum atrium restaurant great location rooftop jacuzzi hot tub acropolis view within walking distance rooms are small hop on hop very nice hotel an amazing view few minutes walk yogurt sister hotel plaka district metro station quiet street
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We were pleasantly surprised at this hotel as we were not expecting much because of the reasonable price we paid and the fact that it was in central Athens. we were in the The lobby is very modern and inviting and the staff welcoming. It was renovated for the Athens' Olympics in 2004. There was an excellent buffet breakfast included.
We took the Metro from the Airport and had no problem reaching the hotel. There was a train change (but the signage is good) and then a 10 minute walk from the subway so don't take a lot of luggage. Investigate a 3 day pass. There are lots of cabs at the Airport also.
The rooftop patio provides a view of the city and the Parthenon above. The Acropolis is a 20 minute walk uphill from the hotel. The new Acropolis Museum is 3 minutes away,well worth a visit.
It was an easy walk to the Plaka area of Athens with many good restaurants.
The Archaeological Museum is a must especially if you are planning a trip the Peloponnese Peninsula and Santorini.
Try to visit the sites early in the day to avoid some of the tourist bus crowds.
We rented a car to go to the Peloponnese and driving from the hotel was not as bad as we had read about but you still need nerves of steel and lots of change for the toll highway.

Date of stay: April 2010
Reviewed 11 April 2010

The Herodion Hotel is located about two blocks away from the major historical sites. We were able to walk everywhere. The breakfast was great as was the service. Our room was a little small, but was clean and had a pretty good view of the Acropolis. They have two rooftop terraces where you can sit, relax, and enjoy a glass of wine. My only complaint is that they charge 5 Euros to use the jacuzzi, which is located on a roof terrace. Overall, the value was great and we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2010
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Hotel Herodion is a great, no-nonsense hotel near all the action in Athens. Make a left out of the hotel, another left at the corner, proceed about a block up hill and you're right on the pedestrian walkway that wraps around the Acropolis! This hotel is in perfectly located on the fringe of all the action. During our stay here we walked everywhere-Plaka, Acropolis, Syntagma Square, Hadrian's Arch, Lycabbetus Hill (St. George's), Acropolis Museum...etc. Although some attractions were a bit far, it was feasible and a great adventure. I'm sure we could have done it all a lot faster by subway or bus, but we preferred to walk.

Hotel was clean, and location very safe. The roof deck is a great place to relax with views of the city and the Acopolis. We had fun pointing out our hotel from different spots within the city, like from the terrace of the Acropolis Museum.

Check-In/Out was quick and easy. Breakfast was good and service prompt.

Date of stay: September 2009
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I have just returned from a two night stay and I thought the hotel was very nice. Location is just perfect, the roof terrace a wonderful place to relax after a days sight seeing and the room clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok, as was the lunch we ordered on the terrace.

Only one complaint - the exteme heat of the rooms! I had a room on the outside so although it was very warm if I kept the window open at night it was ok but a little noisy. My friend had one overlooking the inner court yard and they were uncomfortably hot even though the outside temperatire at night was only about 10c. The air con hadn't been switched on for summer yet.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Berlin
Reviewed 18 March 2010

After a week stay in Herodion Hotel, I must say that it was a disaster and I can not believe people who wrote all these.

Actually, most of the reviews saying GREAT LOCATION which is true but I wouldnt pay that much money only for its location. Its definetely not a 4* hotel or tourist class. I would never say its more than 2* hotel.

They have inner and otside rooms. Outside rooms have balcony but inner rooms are facing to a hall which is dark and you can not refresh the air in your room.

All furniture, towels etc are old and smells very bad. A long hair came on my face when I used the towel and that was the last time which I have used it. I used the towels on the floor as the carpets in the room was really dirty. It was even hard to walk in the room because it was quite small. I had chance to see all other rooms. Briefly dark and dirty rooms.

The breakfast was fair but the tables were again dirty. Because its popular, there were
many people who use the breakfast hall at the same time.

They charge 3 EURO per an hour and 6 EURO per 24 hour internet, all extras are quite expensive.

On the other hand, the roof terrace was nice and you can see the Acropolis , New museum in the night but I wouldnt stay in this hotel because its only walking distance to these places.

Once again, you can say the location perfect but hotel is not so I would rather pay less to stay in better hotel and walk a bit more.

Date of stay: February 2010