I stayed at the Electra in February 2014 and I liked it.
The hotel is very well located, the staff is very nice, breakfast is good, my room was small but confortable, tv had lots of international channels, including spanish tv.
On the negative part:
-I made my reservation via my travel agency at least five weeks before my stay. My credit card number was given, the booking was confirmed and a confirmation number was sent to me. Two days before my arrival i was informed that my credit card hasd expired in the meantime and a new reservation had to be made, giving my new card number.....and receiving a more exensive rate.
- there are two elevators, extremely slow and small.
- the bathroom is small and not user friendly. Shower water was splashing out of the shower, even if i tried hard to avoid it.
- free wifi only in the lobby. Paying wifi in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inviting and welcoming, the Electra Athens, in the city's commercial district is the place to stay whether you are here for business or pleasure. Subtle and elegant and just off Syntagma square, our hotel rooms and suites are ideally located to host your city break or business trip without sacrificing the style and comfort you are used to. Designed with the busy traveler of the 21st century in mind, and operated, as all Electra Hotels and Resorts are, under the philosophy of warm, heartfelt Greek hospitality, the Electra Athens features cozy rooms, supreme amenities and delicious breakfast and meals. In our well-appointed hotel rooms and suites, the comfortable beds, muted décor and carefully chosen details create an atmosphere of soothing comfort, while in the breakfast restaurant and all day café, tasty dishes complete the delightful experience. If in town for business, you will find that the hotel's business facilities, natural lit conference hall, business services and staff make Electra ideal for your business stay - plus, since it is so centrally located, you will be able to have some non-business downtime as well, enjoying the sights and vibrant Athenian scene. Situated in the beginning of Ermou Street, the city's main shopping area, the Electra Athens hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from Plaka, Monastiraki and the Acropolis, as well as from the upscale district of Kolonaki with its wide choice of shopping and dining options. With the Athens metro just a few steps away, most of the city is within easy reach too, making the Electra Athens your perfect base for venturing about the city, doing business, discovering the Athenian treasures and enjoying your time in the capital of Greece. Welcome to the center of Athens. Welcome to your ideal city center hotel. Welcome to Electra Athens! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Hotel Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.