The hotel has a number of pros:
- its location is very good, in a quiet street. In five minutes, you are in the nice restaurants of Plaka, below the Acropolis. In 10 minutes, you are on Syntagma or on the busy shopping streets.
- the view over the Acropolis from the swimming pool and the restaurant is great
But it has also unfortunately some cons:
- the style, with fake old furnitures, will please more customers from the Middle East than westerners. The latter might find it bad taste.
- the rooms are quite small and not very convenient for the business clientele (eg on the desk, you either plug the light or your computer, but you can't do both). Wifi is not free.
I have put this mark because of the price, which is relatively cheap. Just do not expect to fall in love with the hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately, with the air of an era long gone, the Electra Palace Athens, hospitable and aristocratic, awaits to welcome you in the heart of the city. Classical in its architecture and design, blending beautifully with the noble historical buildings of the Plaka area, the hotel’s elegant luxury is complemented by the majestic views of the Acropolis that can be enjoyed from the rooftop restaurant, pool, rooms and suites. Marble bathrooms; soft duvets; handmade carpets; custom furniture; these are but a few of the details that make the Electra Palace Athens luxuriously enjoyable. The amenities of our hotel will leave you wanting for nothing more: for your comfort and enjoyment, here you will find satellite T.V.s, laptop size electronic safes, Wi-Fi internet connection, and fully equipped bathrooms with hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, magnifying mirror and more. Right in the city center and within walking distance from all major sights, easily accessible by car or public transport, the Electra Palace Athens is the ideal hotel for your stay in Athens whether you are here for business or leisure: spend a summer day at our outdoor swimming pool, soaking up the sun of Athens as it rises above the Acropolis – or spend it shopping in the city’s lively markets. Wander through the ancient Agora and visit the Parthenon – then wonder at its glory, all dramatically lit at night, from the balcony of your room. Stroll around the city under the autumn rain, then warm up in the hotel’s sauna. Relax after a day’s hard work - or blow off some steam - at the indoor pool or our gym. Enjoy our delicious contemporary greek cuisine at the award winning “Electra Palace Roof Garden” or at the “Motivo” in the lounge, or with a drink at the “Duck Tail”, our British inspired bar. For bigger celebrations or for business events in the heart of Athens, our hotel’s five-star service extends to our seven meeting rooms and ballrooms: fully equipped, air-conditioned and naturally lit, our halls can cater for up to 350 people for any event type, no matter how formal: host your business meeting here, or organize a successful conference. Or, have the reception or banquet of your dreams, tasteful and impeccable, a festive testament to your own sophisticated style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Palace Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Athens
- Electra Palace Hotel Athens Greece