I just recently stayed at the Electra Palace Hotel, for a long weekend (as I ran the Athens marathon)
I have stayed at the Electra Palace Hotel, a few years ago, so knew what to expect. The rooms are fairly spacious and comfortable, hotel facilities are very good, but for me the friendliness of the staff made all the difference...
As I was running the Athens Marathon, the small details the hotel accommodated for us runners was really nice. Breakfast on the morning of the marathon was available from 5am, and the night before, the hotel had a special runners 'pasta party'.
As my parents were staying with us, the hotel reception made a point of finding them a room close to ours, even though the hotel was fairly full and my parents ended up with a better room than originally booked - a very nice touch!
The only minor criticisms that I would make are the following:
- Our room which was on the 1st floor had a window close to some air-conditioning units outside, which were a little noisy at night, although living in London, I'm used to noise so it didn't really bother me.
- The 'pasta party' meal was a buffet, and although fine, I felt that the 20 euro price per head was a little expensive for what it was.
- You have to pay for WiFi internet access. Most hotels offer this for free as standard nowadays.
Notwithstanding the above comments, I would stay at the Electra Palace Hotel again, and would certainly highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately, with the air of an era long gone, the Electra Palace Athens, hospitable and aristocratic, awaits to welcome you in the heart of the city. Classical in its architecture and design, blending beautifully with the noble historical buildings of the Plaka area, the hotel’s elegant luxury is complemented by the majestic views of the Acropolis that can be enjoyed from the rooftop restaurant, pool, rooms and suites. Marble bathrooms; soft duvets; handmade carpets; custom furniture; these are but a few of the details that make the Electra Palace Athens luxuriously enjoyable. The amenities of our hotel will leave you wanting for nothing more: for your comfort and enjoyment, here you will find satellite T.V.s, laptop size electronic safes, Wi-Fi internet connection, and fully equipped bathrooms with hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, magnifying mirror and more. Right in the city center and within walking distance from all major sights, easily accessible by car or public transport, the Electra Palace Athens is the ideal hotel for your stay in Athens whether you are here for business or leisure: spend a summer day at our outdoor swimming pool, soaking up the sun of Athens as it rises above the Acropolis – or spend it shopping in the city’s lively markets. Wander through the ancient Agora and visit the Parthenon – then wonder at its glory, all dramatically lit at night, from the balcony of your room. Stroll around the city under the autumn rain, then warm up in the hotel’s sauna. Relax after a day’s hard work - or blow off some steam - at the indoor pool or our gym. Enjoy our delicious contemporary greek cuisine at the award winning “Electra Palace Roof Garden” or at the “Motivo” in the lounge, or with a drink at the “Duck Tail”, our British inspired bar. For bigger celebrations or for business events in the heart of Athens, our hotel’s five-star service extends to our seven meeting rooms and ballrooms: fully equipped, air-conditioned and naturally lit, our halls can cater for up to 350 people for any event type, no matter how formal: host your business meeting here, or organize a successful conference. Or, have the reception or banquet of your dreams, tasteful and impeccable, a festive testament to your own sophisticated style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Palace Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Athens
- Electra Palace Hotel Athens Greece