“Location and that is all”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Achilleas Hotel

Achilleas Hotel
Ranked #120 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Trogir
“Location and that is all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just got back from our trip to Athens. Overall, I would recommend it to everyone. However, I would ask you to think twice before booking this hotel. This hotel has a very good location but that is all. It is located just off Syntagma square, within a walking distance of all major sites as well as Plaka where you can find excellent restaurants with the rooftop view of the Acropolis and souvenirs shops? Just around the corner from the hotel you can find small streets full with bars, cafes and restaurants. Main shopping street runs parallel with the hotel and on the other hand side street you can find Attica - largest department store.
Aside to that, this hotel has very little or nothing at all with the pictures shown on either TripAdvisor or any other similar site. What I mind the most is that we have booked a room for four adults (as shown on the picture) but got a room for two adults and two small children. I mean, you can not charge a spare bed as a proper bed. I didn't see any of the staff for our entire stay so I can not comment on that. The lady at the reception that done our check in was very nice. Other than that I don't know. One other thing - wifi - you can get it only in the lobby. It is very funny to enter a hotel lobby and see all these people staring at their laptop or smart phone screens. We came there to relax, to enjoy a delicious Greek food and to have fun. This is exactly what we've done!
If you are not there to do what we've came to do than I would recommend a different hotel. Please note that there are at least 10 different hotels within the same location.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor. Elevator is too small to fit more than one person so you can easil...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank maya66_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We reached after a long tiring journey. The reception was empty for half hour. The person - ALFREDO extremely rude n indifferent. Impolite to answer any queries. The room is avg. Extremely small bathroom toilet. One person can barely fit. We were two couples n found this hotel very unfriendly. Only saving grace was the location of the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank akshay g

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Congleton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The photo's of the hotel look good and so I booked to stay here. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the bathroom is fairly clean along with the lobby and resturant area - the beds are very comfy. The reception staff are polite but not very helpful. The hotel is a smoking hotel and so despite the rooms being clean the musky smell of smoke lingers and the smell of other guests in the hotel smoking comes through into the room and stinks out the hallway. The heating goes off at 11:30pm even in winter and so trying to sleep is hard in the cold, I had to use 3 blankets to keep warm. The breakfast is very basic but overall the food is enough to fuel for the day. The best thing about this hotel is the location, the location is fantastic being just off the main shopping street and a short walk from tourist attractions - but really that is the only good thing. I would not stay here again and I definitely do not think that this hotel is value for money - very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Emily B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

İt is very close the sintagma and ermo street.You can walk easıly to plaka and pantaheon.Nice location also ıf you walk ten minutes to the monastraki metro station you can reach every where .Also sintagma metro station is very close.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tunc K
Sussex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I arrived late in Athens, hence checked in late. To my surprise I was not in the hotel booking list though I booked my whole Athens holiday two months in advance fully paid via Thomas Cook. This happened to me twice now, last spring in Paris and with the same travel agent. George who was at the reception at that time was sympathetic to me hence, he gave me the spare room which was for a family, the room was so spacious and really good, however it was noisy outside but it didn't bother me. The following day I went back to the reception and Voula was very attentive and friendly as she said they found my booking reference hence I have to move to another room which was really nice, very clean double bed and was very comfortable, room was spacious with balcony so I was really happy. Breakfast was good and really enjoyed real Greek yougurt. The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to great sites. All the staff at Achilleas hotel were friendly and helpful. I deffinitely will come back to Athens and will book Achilleas hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Cio2013
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were very impressed with our stay at the Achilleas Hotel. The rooms were up to date and clean. I mentioned prior to our arrival that it was my boyfriend's birthday and a bottle of champagne was waiting in the room! We immediately enjoyed a glass on our room's balcony. There are many nearby bars and cafes that are open fairly late. From Syntagma Station it is only a three minute walk to the hotel and only a twenty minute walk to the Acropolis. Our overall stay was wonderful and the staff was very generous. They provided us with a map in the beginning and had answers to all of our questions. They also provided us with a wake up call when we had an early flight to catch the last morning. I would highly suggest this hotel to anyone visiting Athens.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shannon M
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nestled in among the tiny lined streets is this small hotel/excellent customer service/front desk/maids/food staff...Best breakfast and introduction to morning greek food/flat screen tv/fridge/and non smoking clean room//Walking distance to all attractions and transportation..Downside the weekend noise level very high...small lift...

Room Tip: The noise level fri/sat from the neighborhood bars/staff is aware of the problem ask them to accommo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends