I stayed at this hotel for six nights. The reception was welcoming and helpful. I was in in a compact room set up for single occupancy, although a double bed.
Room description: two accessible powerpoints. Window, no balcony facing away from the roads into a view of others' balconies. Small ensuite bath with shower over. Two narrow desk/dresser areas so I was ok for my work, and ++free wifi which is great news, refreshing. I hate having to pay extra for wifi . So for me that's a big plus, and it seemed to be good enough - even managed successful skype home. However, at times it did drop to 1mbs so I did have to go seeking a stronger signal in reception or mezzanine business lounge
Only other minor grumble - the bath towel is tiny.
Nearby cafe's and bars seem ok, very convenient, notably the famous 'dirty food' caravan selling superb kebab 'meat' sandwich.
The hotel restaurant is very reasonable, a plate of risotto was about 5 euro; a complete meal for 15euro (salad, wine).
Breakfast foods ok, if not as hot as could be; coffee from a douwe egbert machine was drinkable but nothing fantastic
On arrival, the cistern was dripping continuously and noisily, i mentioned it to reception, it was repaired quickly.
The shower fitting was poor so that it did not stay securely on the wall.
Major downside (as I was here for work) was that there's no IRON ("we don't give them out for safety reasons"!!) and at 5euro a shirt and suit,that would be a fairly big hit on the weeks budget just to look uncrumpled, and can't be done by the morning after my arrival anyway.
Bus stop to/from the airport x95 is very near and only 5 euro. Megaro Musiskis metro about 5 minutes walk 8euro to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The place where you will hear your name rather than your room number. In a matter of seconds, find total quiet and calm having left the noise of the city behind you. You are now in Hotel ALEXANDROS. So close to your obligations yet so far from the busy and noisy scenery of the center of Athens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Airotel Alexandros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airotel Alexandros Athens
- Airotel Alexandros Hotel Athens