“Location is great! Far from noise, close to train.”
Review of Airotel Alexandros

Airotel Alexandros
Ranked #77 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived past midnight and they called our name as soon as we entered into the lobby. It was refreshing after such a long day of traveling. Checked us in instantly and answered all questions thoroughly throughout our stay. On the 3rd floor, very quiet and clean. View bot the best from he back but location was great. About 4 blocks away is the train station and only 4 stop or 3 away from syntagma/akropoli area. Breadast was awesome!!! They had bougatsa and delicious coffee. Fruit was fresh, milk was fresh, everything was good. Staff was friendly and willing. 24/7. We felt safe walking at night. Safe was included in room. Apparently, not all hotels offer for free. Also, not far away, maybe 4 blocks north is a huge boulevard with shops, restaurants, etc and was very handy.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here for two weeks in May during a workshop in Athens. Pros. The breakfast and dinner at the hotel is absolutely fantastic. The staff especially in the restaurant are very friendly and polite. I'm impressed that they apologized even if something was not their fault. Cons. If you wanna iron or wash clothes, you should consider the laundry service because the hotel won't lend you an iron and there is no laundromat around. I decided to handwash all my clothes and not wear clothes that requires ironing. In addition, the bathtub in my room was so small that I can only sit inside it and water leaked out from the tub to the floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked this hotel with Gate1 travel but it was a hotel with a great lobby in a good area. Close to small restaurants within walking distance. We arrived at 9:00 PM and we were hungry so we ate at the restaurant. They had specials but said they only had one of the pork special so my husband got it and liked it. I ordered a pasta dish with veal, it was tasteless and all pasta, terrible. I complained and the server said the cook was sorry and would fix me something else. It was too late. They were training a server who was clueless. Needless to say, we were only in the hotel two nights so we only ate the comped breakfast. The rooms were okay but it was a smoking hotel and the smoke came through from the next room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My company chose this hotel as it is just around a corner from our Athens office. Once I got there I realized that I stayed here before. I really like Greek culture and hospitality (I am married to a Greek) and the staff at this hotel show just that. Breakfast is OK, rooms are clean and very good location for exploring the city. If you have a business trip or want to come to Athens as a tourist that spends an entire day out exploring the city - definitely check this hotel out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Friendly reception by arrival prior to check in, invited for free drinks in the reception hall while waiting for my room to get ready. Room appears very tidy, clean and inviting. Had a challenge with the Wi-Fi connection but assistance was provided in a swiftly and professional manner :-)
Breakfast were served at their main Restaurant in conjunction to the reception area, which is a kind of practical for several reasons, one is having a good overview of the entire bottom area.
The Breakfast Buffet had a wide and good selection found very satisfactory to my taste....
The surrounding area of the Hotel could invite to Pubs - beverage and snacks, but personally I could not find an acceptable Dinner Restaurant nearby. Then I ended up back at my Hotel's own restaurant for my dinner which turned out to become a real positive experience. I shall therefore really recommend the menu for most of you. The taste and decoration and the way it was served is outstanding.. The menu itself however had a great improvement potential and should rather reflect the true image of what the guest actually could expect to get....In the making??
Finally I have to say that I really could feel that I got real value for my money well spent! :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Per S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked a night inj this Hotel after a trip to the islands and really loved the central location & the very helpful staff... its only 10 min to Acropolis by taxi & so close to shopping as well. We liked the bronze suite in 6th floor a lot & we loved the huge bathroom. a total treat and a good water pressure in the showers. the view is nothing to write home about, but the staff, the great big breakfast buffet and the little snacks they always had outside the lobby really made this a great stay.

Room Tip: Suite in the 6th floor was great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Whatever discrepancies might ever arise in the service programming, the securing of reservations etc, a fact not uncommon in the business reality of modern Athens, are ameliorated by the staff's excellent gestures, the food quality, the parking conveniency, the religious overtone of the yard church and the relative calmness prevailing in the decent premises, a stark contrast to other miserable conditions in the big fussy city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business