We stayed in a "Senior Suite" at the Airotel for a short break in Nov 2009, booking it on the hotel website.
The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from Megaro Mousakis metro station and, as others have said, very close to the US Embassy. There are lots of police patrols, presumably because of the proximity of the embassy. It's just off the main road in a sidestreet, which means the views aren't anything special (ours were into a courtyard), but it's reasonably well located for tourists.
Check-in was uneventful and we were shown into their tiny lift to the sixth (top) floor. We are a normal sized couple and we just about fitted in with our luggage - probably not ideal for any "larger" guests...! No problem for us though.
The room was very well presented - see photos for a better idea. It was spacious though the lighting and walls made it feel homely and cosy rather than absolutely enormous. There was a fridge with a mini bar and space for personal items; a safe; desk with PC and printer (with free internet access); a large seating area with a couch, table and chairs; a large Queen (King?) bed; wardrobe area; and bathroom. The bathroom had both a large walk-in shower, and a separate bath with jacuzzi fittings.
There was a decent amount of free tea, coffee, shampoo etc in the room too. The air conditioning was helpful though a bit on the noisy side when on full, and though we were certainly comfortable with the temperature, it wasn't the fiercest aircon and I could imagine in scorching weather that the room might not have been especially cool. The room was quiet and despite being next to what looked like a housekeeping store, we weren't disturbed once by any noise.
Overall we had a very pleasant stay at the hotel. The suite price was very reasonable and the room was probably above the standard expected. Good if you need a comfortable base in Athens, and small things like the desktop PC and printer in the room make it attractive for business travel too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The place where you will hear your name rather than your room number. In a matter of seconds, find total quiet and calm having left the noise of the city behind you. You are now in Hotel ALEXANDROS. So close to your obligations yet so far from the busy and noisy scenery of the center of Athens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splitty, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Airotel Alexandros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airotel Alexandros Athens
- Airotel Alexandros Hotel Athens