“Very nice but would not stay there again.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre
Ranked #39 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights 23 - 26 Sep. The hotel is close to the centre of town if you don't mind walking. It is clean and well appointed. We had a room on the Club Floor, the room was not as large as other Club Rooms we have stayed in but still quite comfortable. Check in was quick and easy. Other than the guy who did the check in, the staff at the hotel did not appear happy, it was very hard to find someone with a smile. The Club Lounge whilst well stocked and comfortable, was the first one I have visited that did not have staff in attendance. If an item ran out that was it, there was no one to request a replenishment. This was very disappointing, as in the past I have found the staff in most Club Lounges are very friendly and informative. The staff at breakfast appeared indifferent and once again did not express a happy nature. The first morning we waited at the entrance and the staff completely ignored us, so we found our own table, which was eventually cleared of the previous diners plates. Check out was quick and easy but not friendly. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Club Room is good value if you utilise the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RockyBubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear RockyBubbles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, just outside main city attractions. Easy to get metro approx 5 mins walk from hotel. Lovely rooms. Although dark wood and furnishes made rooms darker. Very clean. Lovely buffet breakfasts. Drinks as expected expensive. Staff very professional. Everything one would expect from a Crowne Plaza. Athens very beautiful worth a visit

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jucl
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights in September. Located 10 – 15 mins by taxi from the Plaka. Comfortable hotel, room was compact and quiet. Staff were helpful. Non-smoking in all indoor common areas. Buffet breakfast that was included had reasonable selection including bacon and fried eggs. The fresh orange juicing machine was exceptional. Have not seen one of these before and watching the juice being squeezed as you fill your glass was special. Surrounding environs not the prettiest but not dissimilar to the rest of central Athens that we saw.

Room Tip: Internet was 9.50 euro for 24 hours. If staying any length of time in Greece (and using a laptop) b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S S
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for one night, but the staff treated us like we had taken up residence there. The room was very clean and comfortable, especially after flying all night. The location offered quick acess to the metro and was in walking distance to the Acropolis and Plaka.

1  Thank dancawley
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel has the best beds! Loved the facilities in our room, tea & coffee making, even an iron and ironing board. The staff were helpful and friendly. A couple of minutes walk to the train. Would love to stay again. Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Comments (and I'm unfortunately here for three more nights)
• carpets are not hoovered
• why have a protect the environment sign in bathroom, I leave my towels hanging up, and they change them anyway
• complimentary water not replenished even though it has a sign up saying they will
• restaurant (evening), there are no staff about. I sat there two nights in a row, people were coming in & then leaving (as any of the staff working were on either on phone or sat chatting around the corner)
• robe in wardrobe was dirty (assume from previous guest!)
• wifi is €9 for only two devices (I have 4 as I'm here with work) for 24hours. When you're in your room you get one bar and it won't even send a iMessage, it keeps sending as text(what's the point of paying for the wifi?!)

Would not recommend & will be feeding comments back to corporate team (for the company I work for) to advise of my experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Screenname2306,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was at the Crowne Plaza on business last week, and was pleasantly surprised by the truly excellent service. I felt the staff went out of their way to help look after my special requests. The hotel itself is a very well-kept 5-star hotel, with stylish, clean and modern facilities and excellent food. The price was also very reasonable. I would recommend it to anyone. I felt it was a real treat.

Room Tip: I asked for a no-smoking room and was given one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business