“Athens best value”

Ranked #55 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Fayetteville
“Athens best value”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at the Acropolis select for a total of 6 days.. We were part of a Rick Steve's tour for part of the stay plus a couple of days before and after the tour. The rooms were great for the little time we spent in them. They were small (including the bathroom) but they were very clean and the hotel couldn't have been more conveniently located. You can see the Acropolis from the top floors in the front side of the hotel. The staff was the best customer service oriented people I have ever had in Europe. You asked and they delivered. The breakfast was good everyday and they tried to vary the offerings each day. The only complaints I had were the mattresses were super firm, but I got use to it, and the rooms facing the back of the hotel were on a main street and a lot of road noise. Ear plugs furnished by Rick Steve's tours took care of that problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. Other wise everything is good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rania_AS, Guest Relations Manager at Acropolis Select Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Barry P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel!

It is a delight to know you had an enjoyable stay and we really appreciate your kind comments for the services provided from our team, our breakfast and location.

We look forward to your return when you visit Athens again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My first experience with the Acropolis Select Hotel was... Let's be honest, HORRIBLE. The street is located on is shaddy, scary, like I'm going to get robbed kind of street.

The Acropolis is very close, you can walk there. It's a cheap location right around the corner from a nicer area.

My fiance and I had booked a queen bed for our first day in Greece. It was NOT a queen but to twin beds pushed together. I'm not sure if it would make it better, but they didn't even make the bed like a queen with queen sheets. It was 2 twin beds squished together, I had to pull the blanket from inbetween the crack of our beds and it was hard to sleep with my loved one (Falling in the crack and all). I asked and they said all their rooms are like that and they pulled them apart for other guest depending on the reservation, arg.

Plus the bed smelled! I spent some time deducing the smell while I was TRYING to fall asleep and decided it was some sort of fish that was cleaned up (not well at all) with a alcohol or astringent. It was not a pleasant smell.

Our balcony had a wonderful view of some strange man's balcony. The buildings are so close together, I bet he could just climb into our balcony if he wanted to. Our room faced a noisy street as well.

The staff is hit and miss. If you are standing at the front desk they are nice as can be. If you need help and your not standing in front of staff, getting help is like pulling teeth.

Very disappointed and annoyed with a the great reviews they have. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Oh and when I left my bags to go to the Acropolis, 3 hours later when I came back they where moved and we had to go searching for them.

BE FOR WARNED!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kimiko R
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Rooms were excellent. Reception staff amazing, very helpful. Breakfast outstanding. The flexibility of checking in and checking out was great. Having internet access was great. I will definately come here again without any hesitation. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ecaterina2014
Dear Ecaterina2014,

Greetings from Athens and from the Acropolis Select Hotel!

We thank you so very much for your great review!

We are delighted that you loved your experience at our hotel!

The entire team of the Acropolis Select Hotel wishes you the best and we hope to welcoming you back in Athens really soon!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great location, lovely and clean room, staff were always friendly and helpful.

Not the hotel's fault but had incredibly loud guests on our floor each night - resulting in broken, if any sleep for me as a light sleeper. For 4 nights! Why people feel the need to talk at the tops of their voices in hallways and make noise at all hours of the night I'll never know. However, what the hotel can control is soundproofing. I shouldn't be able to hear every single sound from surrounding rooms and the hallway and not be able to sleep because of it.

Wifi also did not work for me at all - not on mobile or tablet. I was in a twin room and my brother could get some wifi using his laptop however.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sophia382
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed one night at the hotel Acropolis Select in Athens several days ago. Everything was fine but when I tried to book the room I've had problem with reservation because the hotel does not accept VISA VIRTUON. The problem is solved by using another credit card. So it might without that.
Hotel is about 5 min walk outside from the old city center. Rooms are simple and small but comfortable and very clean. Staff is really friendly. Breakfast was very good. Room price is about 50 euros, which is quite decent for such a city like Athens.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Minatas
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Nice toilet, have small lift. Good location and value for money. The only setback is the poor wifi reception. Have to ask staffs to reset router before it works even in lobby.

Other than that it was fine. Breakfast was not too bad too.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Seah J
Chania Town, Greece
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in Acropolis Select for Easter 2014 for 3 nights.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Although, we arrived earlier than the check-in time, Matina checked us in, gave some good hints for Athens. Generally, the staff is the best of this hotel.
The rooms are being cleaned on a daily basis, so no complains here. Hot water available all the time.
The location is perfect - at a walking distance from everything and yet in a quiet street. Two metro stations "Acropolis" and "Singru-Fix" very close (the second one is 50 m or so).
Now the downsides:
What disappointed me a lot is that almost nothing that was there as description of the rooms, was actually present (or at least not in room 109):
- spacious balconies - you can not stay on the balcony and close the door of the room. The width is about 40-50 cm.
- broadband internet connection - they explained that there is a problem and they will try to fix it, but since it was a holiday that did not happen. On our last morning we finally had some internet, but the reception was very bad.
- soundproof rooms - Yeap :) If soundproof means that you can hear every sound coming from the corridor, the other rooms or showers/toilets. I think that this is the worst about the room e stayed.
- The so called satellite TV had only BBC as English language channel, plus one French.
- The shower is also not very comfortable.
I know that it was a discount offer (we payed 40 euros a night), but I feel obliged to share this, since the normal rate according to the price list in the room is 267 euro and it definitely does not deserve that much.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms on the upper floor are better than the one we got.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple