Divani Palace Acropolis
US$183
US$168
  • Pool
1,776 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantgreat locationwithin walking distanceexecutive roomsmall poolbreakfast buffetroof gardenquiet streetfew minutes walkluxury hotelvisiting athensan amazing viewplaka districtyogurtmetro stationbalconyacropolis
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked a standard room and was happy with the amenities. Breakfast was very good, lots on offer. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Location was excellent, very close to Acropolis and Plaka area with lots of eateries to chose from. Walking distance to everywhere. We had very good meals everywhere we went. Would not hesitate to book this hotel again

Room Tip: We booked a standard double room. However our only complaint was that they were two single beds (made up separately) pushed together.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DivanisCollection, General Manager at Divani Palace Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest

what a great review! My staff and myself are very happy that your stay with us was a memorable one!

we are looking forward to welcome you soon again in our property

Thank you again !

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent 3 nights here recently. My room (on the 2nd floor with a nice balcony overlooking the street) was very old fashioned and looked as if it hadn't been decorated for a long time. My bed was narrow - the mattress far too soft and lumpy and the pillow as hard as stone. The safe was tiny - far too small to accommodate a laptop. No hangers in the closet that could be used for trousers - only for jackets and shirts. The bathroom was small and also unmodernized. The staff are pleasant and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The rooms are clean and the hotel is located in a handy location for activities around Athens. We had a fabulous view of the Acropolis from our balcony. We had room service dinner as we had been traveling and were tired, but then ventured up to the roof top for a cocktail (the Acropolis special) and a night time view of the Acropolis. The staff were very helpful. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend to all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here on first and last nights of our Riveria tour of Classical Greece. Very conveniently located for the Accropolis, Plaka and other sites. Our room looked inwards so only view was into other rooms but room was quite comfortable and breakfast was excellent in the basement restaurant. Rooftop restaurant has views of the Accropolis. Some of our party had dinner there and were complimentary but we ate elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try for an outside room with views!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DivanisCollection, General Manager at Divani Palace Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor

We are glad to read that your stay with us was a positive one

Your comments have been shared with my staff and are greatly appreciated

Hope to welcome you again in our property

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Pros: location, cleanliness (except for hair in the bathroom), strong wifi

Cons: no irons available (you must pay to have them iron your clothes), service, noise, food, value/cost

Would I return? Absolutely not.

Room: 254 (make sure you do not get this one if you stay in the hotel)

Context: Executive room for 300.00 per night for 4 nights. It is prepaid otherwise I would have checked out the second day. It is currently my 3rd day but I had to get this review done as I was forced awake.

Check-In: I was early upon arrival and asked if I can check-in. The woman said I was put on the priority list and that I should wait in the lobby. I told her I would be in the bar area right off the lobby. I ended having lunch, doing some work, and two hours later I asked the waiter if he could check on the room. It was ready.

Upon arrival at my room I was put in a corner room next to the elevators. Knowing this is the last room one wants to be in for noise, I asked to be switched which they did. In hindsight it would have likely been quieter there. The front desk made it clear they weren't happy that I wanted to change room location. It was my fault for not mentioning this ahead of time. The room I got had a patio overlooking the street and was a normal hotel room....thus I am not sure what a no-executive room is like.

Noise: I recently bought Bose Noise Cancelling headphones and the timing couldn't have been better. You can see from my reviews that I have stayed in quite a few properties. This was one of the worst. First, housekeeping starts a little after 8am. What this means is they are moving around furniture on the wood floors for a couple hours, literally. So all I hear around me from above, below, and the sides is housekeeping. The walls are so thin they might as well all be in my room at the same time. I cannot stress how bad the noise is. The one morning I went out on the patio which is streetside as it was quieter than in my room.

From morning until night there is a constant moving of tables/chairs being dragged/moved around. I tried to see if there was maybe a banquet room above me but that was not the case. It is housekeeping.

Again, easily one of the noisiest hotels I have stayed in and don't plan on sleeping past 8am or taking a nap during the day because it isn't going to happen.

Ironing: They have no irons in the rooms. In town for business I had everything dry-cleaned prior to arrival so just needed ironed a little. I called for an iron and they said they don't have any that they will need to iron my clothes for a fee! Mind you the room is 300.00 per night. Now they want nearly 5 dollars to iron each shirt. I had no choice. When I mentioned this to the front desk they could care less. They must hear complaints about this a lot. She said it was because they had a fire previously. I have never, ever been in a hotel that didn't have irons in the rooms or irons available. Then to charge!! If the issue is a previous fire, like stated, then build it into the price of the room AND let the people know this at check-in or better yet at the time of booking the room. It can add on an additional 50.00 dollars to easily if you are staying for a few days. I only had my shirts ironed and went to my meetings/presentations with wrinkled pants as I couldn't justify in my mind paying for all of my clothes to be ironed.

Room Service: First night I had room service and it came to over 30 euro for one person (coffee, dinner, desert). The following morning I ordered a Greek omlette for breakfast. It came but then I went to eat and they failed to bring me any utensils to eat with. I called room service and they brought them. I then went to put salt and pepper on the eggs….and then I realized they failed to bring salt and pepper. I again called down. They brought them. Finally I was able to eat my cold eggs which cost me, just for the omelet, 11.50 euro plus room service fees and taxes. Second morning I decided to just get coffee and it took thirty minutes and a second phone call to get it delivered.

This is not a five star hotel by any stretch of the imagination. It is neither a 4 star. I wouldn't pay more than 100 dollars per night and if I knew about the noise issue and service problems I would have wanted them to pay me to stay here.

Room Tip: No. I cannot recommend the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business