“Loved it here!!!”

Ranked #70 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Loved it here!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was traveling alone and I wanted a place close to everything so I wouldn't have to travel far from my hotel at night. This hotel is perfect. It is 2 blocks from the Acropolsis and walking distance to Pikka, where you will find all the restaurants and shopping. You can take the Metro from the airport to the Acropolsis and just walk a few blocks to the hotel. Everyone at the hotel was great. I asked where the ice machine was and they brought me ice at no charge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definately book this hotel again. My room had a balcony which was a added plus I didn't expect. For the money it was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank carolinagirl50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the venue for an international conference I attended.

Initially, I thought that the beds were a bit old and lumpy. But, after I'd actually gone to bed I had the best sleep I'd had in a long time. Very comfortable in fact.

The conference food was a delight. Most conference catering at hotel venues is derivative and without flavour. The catering at Divani was fantastic. One of the best I've had.

Would recommend for your next business conference in Athens.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a Trafalgar tour, and then another night post- tour. The rooms were decent and staff were friendly, for the most. Many tour companies use this hotel, so the lobby is frequently busy checking in large groups, making it difficult to speak to a staff member. I was most disappointed that the roof-top terrace does not open until later in the evening. We went up for a drink on the first night and found it to be a bit stuffy for our taste so we did not return. Also, not every table on the terrace has a view of the Acropolis. The breakfast buffet was better than average. The location is very good; near the Plaka area, Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum. I prefer the smaller boutique hotels, like the Plaka Hotel, where we stayed a few days before our tour started. I found the service there to be much more personalized. Since I do not care about a pool or other big hotel amenities, the Divani Palace was not the hotel for me. Also, you have to pay for wifi, and it still didn't work reliably.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judi M
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our "acropolis view" was a view of the back of several buildings, the other side of the hotel, and electrical poles. Way off in the distance, if you went out on the balcony and leaned over the side you could, in fact, get a glimpse of the Acropolis.
The rooms were small and tired, the balcony useless unless you wanted to watch the guy across from you smoking in his underwear. Large tour groups stay here. The location was near the Plaka, which was fun to walk around. The bathrooms were fine, with good amenities. If you just want a base from which to tour Athens, and you can get a good rate, stay here. If you would like a little more luxury, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The Acropolis View is not much, so don't bother to upgrade. Keep your curtains closed.
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of it's location and views of the Acropolis. We were not disappointed! It's a 5 minute walk to the Acropolis. And 10 minutes walk from the Plaka. The view from the rooftop sky bar was spectacular! We had drinks at the sky bar as well as the lobby bar. Both had excellent service. The doormen and reception staff were very friendly. We had free wifi in our room and throughout the hotel areas. Our room was modern, clean and although not too big it was spacious enough. The air conditioner in the room worked perfectly. There is no provision for ironing in the room. All laundry has to be sent in for ironing at an extra cost. The breakfast buffet was quite a spread. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be near the Acropolis, Museum as well as the Plaka.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel has a really good position – just under Acropolis, some 300m to the museum, some more steps to Plaka with its daily and night life. I would classify it as an touristic hotel. The reception is large, there are men in costumes, however thy barely look on you. There are two small lifts (each for 3 persons), so in case of a group of people coming, the lifts are stacked. There is also a pool about 10x6 m size, which is placed between the buildings. It is not the greatest pool area because of surroundings, however you can swim or cool down a bit, which is great after a walk in hot streets.
My room was rather smaller, but nicely furnished, the bathroom was but very simple for 5-star hotel. There was only soap and a shower gel, but any additions - creams, comb, bottle of water or even coffee&tee, which usually use to be included in hotel of this level (and price – I paid 130€ per night). The bar has the prices more than twice time higher than in the nearby 4-stars hotel a was 2 days before (I wanted a pool so I changed). My room had also a balcony, but very narrow, empty and really it was not useable, the view was on the back site of an apartment house 20m away. I was on 6th level, the higher placed room may offer a look on the hill behind. The air-condition is a central type, which use to be more convenient, but in this case it was exceptional noisy and it was not able to cool the temperature down even in case it ran over the night continually.
Nice room for breakfast, the food was placed on the large area, but actually the choice was not very wide. There were many candied fruits, only tomato and cucumber from vegetables...
From my point of view, the official rating is misleading and the hotel is not worth the money, what actually shows also the overall rating at Tripadvisor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Pottsville, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Fantastic location to the Acropolis and access to Plaka and shopping. Started with a poor room in the old section, 3rd floor, good view but horrible "yellow" room. Paid 30 Euros for upgrade and got a great room in new section- we'll worth the money

Room Tip: Pay for new wing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 257Trinah
DivanisCollection, General Manager at Divani Palace Acropolis, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at Tripadvisor

we do appreciate your comments

we are looking forward to welcome you again in our property

Kind Regards