I have never been to Athens before so I relied on my travel agent"s advice. She chose this because of its close proximity to the Acropolis and it is great for that as well as being close to the metro station and the Acropolis museum. The room was spacious and luxurious with quality fittings and linen and the hotel staff all fluent in English and very helpful. The roof top restaurant was great with the view of the sunset over the Acropolis food quality superb and the service almost too fast. The bar food was also good but some of the drinks seemed expensive but I guess it was peak tourist season. The pool opening hours were disappointing with the management claiming that Greek law prevents noise during siesta time so you couldn't swim between 2.30 and 5.30 which is the very time in the heat of the day when you want to!For the price overall this was an excellent hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is no other hotel in Athens to entwine more beautifully the history of ancient Greece with 5 star facilities. Divani Palace Acropolis sits just below the Acropolis, moments away from Plaka, the new archaeological museum and the Herodian theatre. Taste luxury and sophistication in our 180 rooms, 60 new deluxe rooms and 10 suites. Enjoy the hotel restaurants and bars, or explore the surrounding area for an authentic encounter with Athens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Divani Palace Acropolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divani Acropolis Palace Athens
- Hotel Divani Acropolis Palace
- Divani Acropolis Hotel
- Acropolis Hotel Athens