Oscar Hotel
US$182
US$167
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationswimming poolchanged dailygyrosrooftop barnice poolbuffet breakfastyogurtwould stay againconvenient locationeasy accessrooms are cleanvisit athenssyntagma squarenice breakfastlarissalarrisa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Awesome staff. very responsive. Good breakfast...delicious "red" hot chocolate & amazing Greek Yogurt!

Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank susiecalifornia
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Good price for a good hotel. The rooms were adequate, nothing fancy, and included a balcony. The downside to the view was that there was some major construction across the street, so if you are wanting to sleep in, you might not want a room facing that side. The TV channels didn't offer a very wide selection. Their breakfast buffet had a large variety and even had scambled eggs. There is a nice pool on top and the hotel is right next to public transport, so overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My friend and I stayed at two hotels in Athens: the Stanley and the Oscar. It was a day & night experience. Where the Stanley had cramped quarters, impolite staff and a certain lack of charm, the Oscar was delightful.
- There are 6-8 computers in the lobby (tastefully separated from the lounge area) for internet use. While you do need to purchase a card to use the computers, access is easy, quick and available 24/7.
- The room was spacious and you easily could do a full turn in the bathroom with arms outstretched (unlike the Stanley, which had bathrooms smaller than a coat closet).
- The staff was helpful and polite. While we only stayed there for one night, we ended up approaching the lobby desk with questions on nearby attractions no less than 3 times, and they were always patient and willing to take the time to help.
- The room was clean, well-furnished and the floor was quiet at night.
Very impressed for the money (the room was about 90 Euros.)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2010

The Oscar Hotel has a great lobby, the front desk personnel are friendly and responsive. The Larissa subway station is a few short steps from the front door. The rooms are clean and modern, but on my first day back from a cruise, I was given a room with sewer gas coming into the bathroon. The next day, they gave me a much better room with a full balcony. The breakfast buffet is extensive. The six computers available in the lobby - at 5 Euros for 90 minutes- are slow, and seem to break down every few minutes, making checking e-mail very slow and difficult. I didn't see any information about restaurants in the neighborhood. Many, many students on tours were there where I was there, but earplugs solved any teen noise. I'd recommend the hotel. The close subway stop is the biggest advantage.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I booked this hotel directly from their website (march 2010 )
since I got a good impresion from the pictures
of the hotel room and hotel exterior looking.
now I think the right name for this hotel have to be:
"Nightmare". I would like to mantion that I travel a lot in the word,
and I was a guest of many hotels wordwide, BUT
I NEVER HAD SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE. NEVER.

when I got my room I was in total shock, the room
(which supposed to be for 2 adults) was like a
prison cell: extremly small and disgusting and after
asking to change my room I got another one which
look exactly the same, but it was completly different
from the nice room showed on their website...
I check also a third room in the same time, one that
supposed to be "the best" they have at that time,
but it wasn't really a better room, they just make fun of me.

in addition of the terrible room, there was a lot of noise,
due to the youth students and childrens groups in the
hotel, and they shouted all the night long and also in the day.
finally I decidet that I had enought from this nightmare and I
had to ask them my money back.
I will remember this hotel in my entier life.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo