Amalia Hotel
Plaka Hotel(Athens)
US$234
US$207
1,880 results
All reviewsnational gardenssyntagma squaregreat locationparliament buildingairport buswithin walking distancegreek parliamentolympic stadiumbalcony overlookingcentral locationshort walkdeluxe roombreakfast buffetexcellent hoteli highly recommend this hotelstreet noiseon foot
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Every day we were in Athens we appreciated more and more the great location of this hotel. The inexpensive airport bus took us to Syntagma Square, which was five minutes walk to the Amalia Hotel. That day we walked in the other direction to the Plaka, which was about seven minutes from the hotel and all the shopping and restaurants. It was an easy walk to the Acropolis and to all the other sights from the Amalia Hotel. The beautiful Benaki museum is about 10 minutes away. The only place we traveled to by streetcar was the National Archeological Museum. For our day trips to Delphi and later to Mycenae, we were picked up at the hotel. Our superior room was comfortable and clean, though not lavish, and the breakfast buffet was extensive, though maybe not outstanding. However, we would definitely stay at the Amalia again on a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penny W
Reviewed 24 October 2011

we stayed in the Amalia hotel 'Deluxe room' - you pay a bit more for a balcony with a view to the National gardens and the parliament. This in theory is good, but as the hotel is on the main road, the traffic wakes you up at 7am! we did have a very good view of the riot from our balcony...
breakfast was average. hotel staff was not the most accommodating. The interior decor very outdated.
not the most romantic place to stay in Athens.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wei z
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Amalia Hotel for 2 nights during our vacation in Greece at the beginning of September 2011. We took the Metro from Elefterios Venizelos Airport to the closest Metro station, Syntagma, which is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The location of this hotel is amazing, it is located across the Greek Parliament and just a 10 minute walk from Plaka. The standard room was just right for us, the size and view of the Parliament were great. The price included breakfast and free internet in the lobby (wifi $5 euros/24hrs.), which we found to be very convenient. The staff at Amalia was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at Amalia Hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed at the Amalia Hotel for 4 nights at the beginning of October.

Taking the Metro so Syntagma the hotel is less than 5 minutes walk.

Arriving at the hotel check in was very efficient and friendly.

I booked a Standard Single Room and was allocated a room on the 3rd floor facing towards the back. The room was very modern, spotless clean with a great bathroom and a very comfy bed.

All the staff was always very polite and helpful. They easily arranged a taxi to the airport for me as on my departure day the public transport was on a strike. They put up a note in the lift to make everybody aware of the strike and to make sure nobody gets stuck.

I will certainly be staying here again during my next visit to Athens and would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a nice hotel in a very central location and does not cost a fortune.

Thank you very much Team Amalia.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Ilios007
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel while attending a conference. Previously we had stayed further into the Plaka. This hotel is very noisy in comparison. Our room faced the road. The air-conditioning could not be altered as it was set on central heating. The day we arrived it was very warm and our room was hot. When we inquired about changing the settings to cool it, we were told it was not possible and to open the windows. It was the day of the protests and the acrid smoke from the smoke bombs reached us through the window. When I inquired about tea and coffee making facilities in the room, I was informed there were none. Our room was classed as deluxe. I have never encountered that before in a hotel of this supposed standard. When I asked for help with making an international phone call after my mobile was stolen I was met with distain and disinterest, dispite my obvious distress. Wi-fi was charged for on a 24 hour basis. There are so many hotels in Athens. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business