“Good hotel with central location”
Review of Amalia Hotel

Amalia Hotel
Ranked #16 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Amalia for one night on my way to Crete, and it was a great hotel at a good price. I requested an early check in, and my room was ready when I arrived, which was very helpful. The breakfast was complimentary and very good, and the staff was quite accommodating. It's located right in Syntagma Square and was an easy walk to the Acropolis and Plaka.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Perfect location for the tourist and shopper. Wi fi included.
Be sure to pass taxi driver the address, as they can get then confused. Fare is 35 euro plus till about 3 euro to and from airport. Room has a safe, and we had a über king bed really comfy. Staff are friendly and tell you where you are, you are very central. Attica shopping centre is only a few minutes walk, so is Parliament House.

Have a great time, Athens is beautiful.

Negatives :
Breakfast eggs were way over cooked.

Shower head is positioned funny so it actually floods the toilet.

Toilet paper - in Greece be wary that this has to go in bin and not toilet, so check this out when, out and about.

Homeless dogs, poor dogs who have been abandoned roam the streets, and sleep there, (as owners have gotten border and can't afford to feed them anymore)RSPCA have tagged them, but this can be dis heartening. If I had scraps I would feed them, they are harmless, and can be seen sleeping on the kerbs or garden

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Icook123
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel is located in a great location close to Syntagma square and the metro station. The room was very clean. This was our honeymoon and not a great honeymoon hotel. It seemed better fit for business stays. They offered a great breakfast buffet for 8euro. They have a rooftop garden that has great views, but no chairs or anything. I also needed to do some laundry when we got in. The prices were such a rip off I bought new clothes. It was cheaper. Overall, a nice stay in a nice location. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Amalia Hotel is located in a fantastic location to explore Athens on foot. But that is not the best thing about this hotel at all. The best quality of this hotel is its staff. Everyone is excellent at their job.
It was our first time in Athens and the help we received when we ran into difficulty with travelling to Ithaca was above and beyond. The ferries are currently not running from Patras to Ithaca and Julia was a huge help in helping us navigate the next stage of our trip.
The breakfast buffet was incredible, so much to choose from and very fresh foods.
The rooms are very clean, beautifully presented, lovely decor and exceptionally clean.
The beds are very comfortable.
Free wifi was a bonus.
I cannot fault this hotel at all.
This hotel was recommended to me by a family member and the best thing I can do for other readers is to recommend it to you.
Well Done Amalia Hotel. Our stay has made our first trip to Greece a very pleasant experience indeed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the hotel you can walk in just a few minutes to the plaka street , malls and some temple ruins such as the hadrians arch.Acropolis is just a short ride. The hotel is smal;l our room had a terrace (if you are lucky you'll have a view of the acropolis at night) however the terrace door is kind of tricky to open or defective. So I wasn't able to go out the terrace. Breakfast is usual, staffs are nice.

Room Tip: Make the most you can while in the plaka street, There are lots of wonderful restaurants there. Souv...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked this hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of my trip with my 18 year old daughter and on our last night in Greece. This hotel was very clean and the location was wonderful. We took the X95
(5 euro each person - each way) airport bus which arrives and departs from Syntagma Square situated very close to the hotel. The hotel faces the Botanical Gardens which is very pretty. It was a short walk away from the Temple of Zeus and Plaka which had many restaurants and gift shops. The Hop on Hop Off Bus stop is nearby and a great way to travel around. We did do an organized tour of the Acropolis which was booked directly from the hotel and we were picked up in the lobby.
The breakfast was very good with lots of variety. The staff were very helpful. Would definitely chose this hotel again and recommend to friends. Our hotel room did face the street that had the lovely view but that also included the street noise. To be expected from a busy city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent hotel, better than expected. I was on the 3rd and 11th of july before and after a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth. I had a great welcome, my room 207 was ready, very clean and spacious. I was told that I was upgraded with a balcony; nice your are just in front of the garden. The subway is near buy, the Parlement building also. Rhe restaurant and shop distrijust around. The biggest department store of Greece is almost next door.
I had asked to have my room the day I came back from the cruise. I arrived in the mornind around 9:00 a.m. and was pleasantly supprised, my same room (207) was ready for me so I could put my luggage and go for a bus tour .
Would go back again if ever in Athens.
Be sure to go on the roof terrace: very good view of the Acropolis

Room Tip: My room was in front. The noise level was very acceptable for a large city. The air condition was qu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo