Amalia Hotel
Adonis Hotel(Athens)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,858 results
All reviewsnational gardenssyntagma squaregreat locationparliament buildingairport buswithin walking distancegreek parliamentolympic stadiumbalcony overlookingcentral locationshort walkdeluxe roombreakfast buffetexcellent hoteli highly recommend this hotelstreet noiseon foot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Amalia in July. The staff were very nice, especially Dimitri who was searching for a particular Greek dish for me to try. Breakfast was very good and the hotel was very easy to find as I caught a bus from the airport and it was truly right around the corner. I walked to all the sights and as it is opposite the National Gardens was easy to go for a relaxing stroll. As I was a solo traveller I felt safe at all times. The room I had was tiny but enough for me. I will return with my husband to stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We did not stay at the hotel, but we wanted to start our day with a rich breakfast. The hotel staff smiling and polite. The breakfast buffet contained various delicacies ,all delicious. The filter coffee was hight quality, the crockery simple but dignified, the breakfast hall sunny, bright and tidy. Excellent and spotless toilets. All this just for 16 euros per person. Difficult to find in Athens breakfast on this price and quality.
Definitely recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evdokia S
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel served it's purpose. However, my husband had horrible allergies in Greece and I think it was from the dusty hotel room. The rooms were nothing special to write about. The saving grace of this hotel was that the staff was friendly. This place was fine but nothing that would entice me to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

An excellent experience 2 weeks ago. Nice quiet room, very nicely presented breakfast with lots of variety and excellent staff. Great location, everything within walking distance. Felt safe in the area and slept well. Good views at night time. We found the staff to be extremely helpful, nothing was too much bother. We were close to the Plaka so shopping and meals were readily available after a short walk. We enjoyed everything about our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have comfortable beds and spacious living area. We could see the Acropolis from our room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel location is a plus on one side (near the parlement), but also a minus since it is on the path of the many demonstrations in Athens and is often vandalized. The room is good and so is the bathroom. Not to fancy but clean and a good bed. THe breakfast is continental and also not special. Still a very good hotel to stay for a night on business or passthrough.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business