My wife and I just spent 5 nights here and enjoyed it very much. The room was very clean and well maintained. The view of The Acropolis was nice. We paid for the upgrade to stay on the 8th floor so we could use the lounge for a delicious breakfast, snaks all day and free beverages at night (unlimited - self serve). You also can negotiate rates and get good deals. Be sure to ask for free WiFi as we received 1 hour free per day which was plenty for us. Other people we were with (we were attending a business conference negotiated cheaper rates than we booked and they negotiated free WiFi all day. The service was very good at all levels (front desk, door man, maids, chef, etc.). It was a 20 minute walk to the Acroplois and the Tram is inexpensive and two blocks from the hotel. We would stay there again as we have stayed in some dumps right downtown before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum