The hotel was regularly used by my company when I worked as cabin crew and I have stayed here on numerous occasions- any advice please ask as I have travelled a fair bit.
The hotel is very clean but quite a fair way from the centre of Athens. There is a free shuttle bus on the hour and is worth using.
The hotel pool is relatively small but obviously aimed at cooling off business travellers rather than holiday makers- see my photos.
Plaka is worth a visit for eating- lovely mezze type restaurants all bustling with atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, IHG, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum