We only had an overnight stay here whilst waiting to join our cruise.
Considering the number of people checking in it was completed speedily and efficiently.
We upgraded at a cost of 53 Euros to the Executive Floor, this was very worthwhile as you had access to the Executive Lounge where drinks and food were available all inclusive throughout the day as well as a full cooked breakfast in the morning.
Staff in Executive Lounge were polite and attentive.
The rooms were slightly more spacious and also had a direct view across towards the Acropolis.
The extra cost more than covered all the food and drink we consumed and I have no doubt we would have spent much more had we not upgraded, so for a short stopover it is worth considering.
As this was just a brief stay the location was not important and we did not venture out into Athens and overall it made a start to our cruise holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum