We stayed in the Athenaeum for just one night at the end of our cruise. After leaving our ship, we arrived at the Hotel Athenaeum around 11am and were pleasantly surprised upon check-in that our room was available straight away! The room was very spacious and had everything we needed, the bathroom was huge! The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept upon. The hotel is not in a great location, but as they provided an excellent regular shuttle service that took us into the main centre (and back again), it didn't matter that much to us. There is an outdoor swimming pool which we used to relax at the end our busy day! We didn't eat at the rooftop restaurant but we did have drinks there which had spectacular views of the acropolis and city, well worth the visit. We were able to store our luggage the following day as we had an evening flight leaving us free to explore the city some more. All in all, although it was a short stay, we would stay at this hotel again. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum