I went on my honeymoon to Athens between 17 February to 21 February 2014. We chose this hotel and went with the club package which was worth it. The Club package you have your own dedicated check in desk and the club room where you get complimentary breakfast, canape's and appetizers. The room we stayed in was amazing, spacious and clean and the same for the bathroom.
The service at the hotel is fantastic as anytime I called for room service they were prompt. I have only one complaint which is really due to the success of the hotel, a very important person decided to stay at the hotel during our stay and as a result the security was raised at the hotel where every time we came back from our day out we were subjected to security checks by having to walk through metal detectors and having our bags scanned. This did put a damper on our honeymoon, as it did make us feel like we were criminals a little, but overall the hotel is a great hotel with excellent service. The staff are always friendly and willing to help with whatever query you have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum