Stayed here since Jan 2014 till now and the staff have no clue about how to treat a Platinum member. If you choose to stay in this hotel (which I wouldn't if I had a choice) be prepared to not be even acknowledged as an IHG member, They really don't care about your status, only the money you will pay. To quote an example, tonight in 'Cafe Vienna' i asked for some food (at 00:05) only to be told they have stopped serving food! Really, in the menu it states 'All day dining' Now you viewers define 'All day dining'! I asked Dimitris who came to my table and he said that 'All day dining' means 09:30 to 00:00. How odd, why doesn't the menu stipulate that fact!
This hotel is all about taking your money, pure & simple. They don't care about IHG status or how long your stay in the hotel.
NOTE: I was told note to take a Yogurt from the breakfast because and I quote the manager on duty on the 02/03/2014 'We do not feed you for the rest of the day'
Make your own minds up if you want to stay here.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum