Very large and bright rooms, with all the amenities expected from a five star hotel. Located a few kilometers from Akropolis and city center, but free shuttle to Syntagma Square provided.
Very nice guest relations manager (Georgia), really friendly, cheerful and helpful. Club lounge staff also friendly and effective.
During my stay, I only dined at the hotel in the Club Lounge. Afternoon snacks were ok, but not more. Breakfast was good (but not great). I did have a draft beer at the pool, though. Price of €8 seems to be a bit high.
Wines at the club lounge are horrible (tried them all, white, red, rosé and sparkling). Excellent view from lounge terrace to the Akropolis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum