This hotel is a bit out of the way from the city center but they had a shuttle bus that left every hour-not very convenient but if you can manager your schedule around the times it would work out-if not, the taxis to Syntagma Square only cost 4 euros and are available 24 hours a day-so we took cabs every time we left the hotel. The breakfast was amazing with everything you can imagine available and all very delicious. The dining is just by the pool area and was included in our room rate otherwise I think it would cost around 30 euros per person. The roof top view was amazing and the food was a bit pricey but well in line for that type of atmosphere for this type of hotel. The Plaka is just a short walk up from Syntagma Square and we ate there almost every afternoon and evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum