I usually shy away from chain hotels. I much prefer small boutique ones, or ones with a singular character. I stayed in May for one week at the Intercontinental Athens only because of necessity, since it was close to where I had to be for business nearly everyday. I have to say I was not disappointed. Mind you, I stayed at the Club floor and was upgraded to a suite, so I have really no reason to complain. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, well attended and the view on the Acropolis superb. The service at the Club Lounge on the 8th floor was equally superb. The only blemish there was the poor buffet at both lunch and dinner, but not at breakfast, where it was very appropriate. I won't say that the hotel's location is not good, as some reviewers did, since the city's main attractions are all a short drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum