This is an excellent hotel.
The location may be a little off centre but the excellent public transport in Athens makes up for it. Use the tram instead of the metro as the stop is much closer to the hotel.
The staff in the hotel are fantastic and they are very helpful. We had our bag stolen while we were there in the metro, the staff in the hotel from the reception, business centre, guest relations to the concierge could not do enough for us to make us feel better about what happened. They were very very helpful and lovely about the whole thing.
Rooms are nice, large and clean.
Make sure you join IHG rewards in advance to get the free wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum